Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Avid

Default Re: PT | Control Connectivity Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsguerra View Post
And that didn't work.

I renamed the iPad and took out any special characters.

I restarted the iPad.

The device still shows as available in the All Surfaces window in EuControl Settings. But it doesn't show a way that I can move it to My Surfaces.

I restarted Pro Tools 12.7.1 and the PT | Control app still shows "Not Connected".

Any thoughts?
Are you still not able to connect ?
Old 10-05-2021, 03:58 PM

I have tried everything recommended but still can't get Avid Control on my iPad Pro 2 to connect with Pro Tools. It was fine until the latest updates. It is appearing in Eucon Settings, but in System Prefs I get the following message: 'The cable for EuControl is connected, but your computer does not have an IP address.' The computer does have an IP address and connects to the Internet with no problem via ethernet or Wi-Fi.
What can I try next?
Old 10-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Avid

A few things to check. Make sure you don't have Wi-Fi enabled on your Workstation(at the same time as the Ethernet). Make sure the tablet is connecting to your router. Fully restart the tablet...not sleep it. Take EuControl out of autostart (right click its Icon on the notification bar and select that there) Restart he Workstation wait 5 mins then manually start EuCntrol.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:52 AM

Hi Eddie,
I just switched routers to the one recommended by the Avid support document and for whatever reason, my Control App's fader that's in focus will stay stationary.
When I click a track in Cubase or on my S1 or even on the app itself, one track is always highlighted in blue and it's the one in focus on the app.

In the surface tab in Eucon settings, I dragged the app onto the surface so they're hybrid and not separate.

Is there a setting I need to check that I'm missing to get the selected track focus to sync with the S1?
Old 10-06-2021, 09:48 AM
Avid

Do you have bank to selected on in the General Prefs in EuControl ?
Old 10-06-2021, 12:30 PM

I do.
It used to work flawlessly.
I tried it on different networks and I tried it on my iPad too.

The funny thing is even if just the app is connected, selecting another track (say on channel view) will move the orange indicator, but the blue indicator (which I'm assuming is the app focus) stays on the same track.

The only way to get it to "update" is to go into the device manager in Cubase and reset the Eucon device.
Yes, it will update the selected track, but it will be stuck on that track until I reset it again. So that's not really a solution.

UPDATE:
I find that if I have "Attention most recently selected track (legacy) checked, this solves the issue.
I thought since it's "legacy" it should be off...
Interesting.

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-06-2021, 07:44 PM
Avid

Legacy means anything other than a newer build of PT. Glad that worked out.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
A few things to check. Make sure you don't have Wi-Fi enabled on your Workstation(at the same time as the Ethernet). Make sure the tablet is connecting to your router. Fully restart the tablet...not sleep it. Take EuControl out of autostart (right click its Icon on the notification bar and select that there) Restart he Workstation wait 5 mins then manually start EuCntrol.
Hi Eddie, and many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately after meticulously following all your instructions I am left with no change. Avid Control-170B is still showing in EUControl Settings under both columns. The message in System Prefs on my studio iMac still reads 'The cable for EuControl is connected, but your computer does not have an IP address.' I have all the latest software except for MacOS, which is 11.2.3. I do not have Wi-Fi enabled as well as Ethernet. Which way to turn next?
Old 10-07-2021, 07:41 AM
Avid

OSX 11 has some know issues. I would update to the latest.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:58 AM

Even though 11.6 has not yet officially been certified as compatible with PT?