Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-23-2017, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Cloud Collab bug with plugin automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
bug is still present in 12.7.1...

But is it a Pro Tools bug, or an Avid Cloud Client software bug?

If it's the latter, Avid would be very wise to ensure all bug fixes to collaboration features are freely available to all licenses of PT12 and above - regardless of whether the license owner has an active upgrade plan.

Avid need to get CC established with as few obstacles as possible, and at the moment (and probably for at least the next 3 - 5 years) absolutely NOBODY is going to pay an upgrade fee, just for CC bug fixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2017, 10:12 AM

I think it's a ProTools bug, not the Cloud Client.
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 03-29-2017, 11:43 PM

bump
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 05-07-2017, 04:59 AM

Will 12.8 address this issue? It's been 6 months since i reported this bug!
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 AM

Sorry to put a downer on this .... 6 months in which no other CC user has bothered to comment here and the ideascale entry has secured a total of 4 votes.

If it does get fixed in 12.8 .... and there are plenty of threads with many more users reporting issues, and with many more votes on ideascale .... it'll show how little Avid actually prioritises based on ideascale.

I'm sorry this 'feature' (CC) is giving you grief in this way, it's a pretty obvious bug that any decent beta test program should have picked up. I'm guessing that of the CC users, and who knows how many are actually using it 'as intended', most of them are not using parameter automation.

Your hope is that they give some priority to this issue that is causing you grief, and relates to one of its new flagship features. My hope is that they actually address some of the many longstanding issues, a lot of which are way more than six months old.

Again, sorry, but for many of us, this bug is simply irrelevant to our workflow.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-08-2017, 01:45 AM

You mean i shouldn't have reported this bug or what? Well, of course other things like other bugs and missing features are on my wish list too and this is one of them. If it's not on your list then don't read about it and there's no need then to write about it. Your post does not help at all in this particular issue.

I'm sure you have some problems with PT i maybe don't have but i wouldn't say that it is irrelevant in general.
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 05-08-2017, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
You mean i shouldn't have reported this bug or what? Well, of course other things like other bugs and missing features are on my wish list too and this is one of them. If it's not on your list then don't read about it and there's no need then to write about it. Your post does not help at all in this particular issue.

I'm sure you have some problems with PT i maybe don't have but i wouldn't say that it is irrelevant in general.
No clausiii, I was trying to express some sympathy for you, while also noting the irony that one of Avid's flagship new features has such a fundamental bug, which nevertheless exhibits little interest from the DUC and ideascale communities.

And, noting that it will be interesting to see what priority Avid gives to fixing this bug given the backlog of showstopper bugs affecting many people.

Once again, I'm sorry for your pain, but if Avid fixes are in any way prioritised according to a calculation based on both the severity of the problem and the number of people affected, then there are issues that would seem to merit more prompt attention than this one.

I'm not in any way suggesting that a) your reported bug isn't a significant one, and b) you shouldn't report it.

We'll see what 12.8 brings in the way of genuine fixes, if anything. Too many recent releases have failed to properly address known bugs, while introducing new ones.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-08-2017, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
No clausiii, I was trying to express some sympathy for you, while also noting the irony that one of Avid's flagship new features has such a fundamental bug, which nevertheless exhibits little interest from the DUC and ideascale communities.

And, noting that it will be interesting to see what priority Avid gives to fixing this bug given the backlog of showstopper bugs affecting many people.

Once again, I'm sorry for your pain, but if Avid fixes are in any way prioritised according to a calculation based on both the severity of the problem and the number of people affected, then there are issues that would seem to merit more prompt attention than this one.

I'm not in any way suggesting that a) your reported bug isn't a significant one, and b) you shouldn't report it.

We'll see what 12.8 brings in the way of genuine fixes, if anything. Too many recent releases have failed to properly address known bugs, while introducing new ones.
nigelpry, sorry for the misunderstanding!

i agree with you with "Too many recent releases have failed to properly address known bugs, while introducing new ones" completely!
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 05-14-2017, 08:58 AM

claussiii, thanks for posting this. The CC forum is a little quiet overall, so I don't check here often. That's really great that you posted something to ideascale. That is the BEST way to log a problem and also, sometimes you have to be persistent here on the forums until someone who has contacts w/ Avid can bring it to attention (mods or beta testers).

Good work! Let's hope this bug can be squashed.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Avid

This issue has been fixed in Pro Tools 12.8.

Please see the "Projects and Cloud Collaboration" section of the Pro Tools 12.8 Release Notes.

Thank you.