Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 AM

Default Waves 9 - no gui in PT10

I'm getting the old Grey Box Phenomenon on all Waves 9 plugs. They load, but no display. Specs:

PT 10.0.2 CPTK
Win 7 64 bit
i7 2600k 3.4ghz
Asus Sabertooth p67
32gb RAM
M Audio FTP

Have tried running PT as Administrator (following a forum search of an old thread), but nada. VST versions of plugs working fine in other DAWs (Sonar, Cubase, Audition). Thanks for all help.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Waves 9 - no gui in PT10

I downloaded the Demo version of a couple of Waves pluggs like SSL. I do get the GUI, but when I add a couple of SSLs, save the session, close and re-load it: problems.
The volume fader in the plugin is at 100%, it makes noise without stating to play the session. Some times I can remove the plugin, save, close and re-load and I can play the session.
I have tried to delete the prefs in both PT and Waves. Re-installed both.
Using one plug works OK, but if I add several........

Win7 64bit ultimate. Waved V9 demo.
My computer is working as it should and is Avid complient.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggi View Post
I downloaded the Demo version of a couple of Waves pluggs like SSL. I do get the GUI, but when I add a couple of SSLs, save the session, close and re-load it: problems.
The volume fader in the plugin is at 100%, it makes noise without stating to play the session. Some times I can remove the plugin, save, close and re-load and I can play the session.
I have tried to delete the prefs in both PT and Waves. Re-installed both.
Using one plug works OK, but if I add several........

Win7 64bit ultimate. Waved V9 demo.
My computer is working as it should and is Avid complient.
Hi!

Have you tried changing the "Regional and Language Options" in Windows? I'm still using Waves V8 here so it may not be the same, but for me this fixed all my issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves Answer Base
Please take these steps:

Go to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel.

Select Regional and Language Options.

Click on the Customize icon.

Make the following changes:
- Decimal symbol: . (dot)
- Digit grouping symbol: , (comma)
- List separator: , (comma)
- Negative number format: -1.1
If that alone doesn't work, try changing the entire format to US. So that your date displays m/d/y, clock reads AM/PM etc. These things did the trick for me :)

/ Erik
Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 AM

I'm running Waves 9 without any problems here on PT10, Win 7 64bit.
I'm in the Netherlands and had previously all kinds of troubles until I indeed changed the .(dot) and ,(comma) in my regional settings.
Try it like Erik mentions, I'm pretty much convinced all your problems are solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik318 View Post
Hi!

Have you tried changing the "Regional and Language Options" in Windows? I'm still using Waves V8 here so it may not be the same, but for me this fixed all my issues:

If that alone doesn't work, try changing the entire format to US. So that your date displays m/d/y, clock reads AM/PM etc. These things did the trick for me :)

/ Erik
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM

All waves plugs working fine here!

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM

I'e had this issue before and tracked it down to an update with my ATI video card. I rolled the drivers back and still had the issues. I finally resorted to wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Win 7 and the ATI driver. Worked fine after that. Pain in the rear though.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasten View Post
I'e had this issue before and tracked it down to an update with my ATI video card. I rolled the drivers back and still had the issues. I finally resorted to wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Win 7 and the ATI driver. Worked fine after that. Pain in the rear though.
Yikes. I did try the regional settings but that made no difference. But I do have an ATI video card. One update a while ago created a BSOD, so I haven't touched it since. Reinstalling Windows would be horribly extreme, I really hope it doesn't come to that! Thanks for the advice though, I just have a feeling that this could be the issue for me.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Might try turning off Windows User Acccount Control - need to reboot for it to take effect.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
Might try turning off Windows User Acccount Control - need to reboot for it to take effect.
That's already off.

Wow, what a MESS. BSOD on attempted driver install. A solid hour of safe modes, system restores, installs, failed installs, uninstalls, reinstalls again, driver sweeps, endless restarts and finally I have an updated AMD driver. In the process, Pro Tools rolled back to 10.0.1 (probably there's other stuff missing too), so needed to then restore the 10.0.2 patch. Finally I have my system back, and all display drivers are up to date.

And still no gui on Waves 9 in PT10.

Any other ideas, anyone?

EDIT - just to say that Waves tech support form appears to be down as well. On Chrome and IE8 submitting the form generates page errors. Brilliant.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:27 PM

This looks promising. Tested it in my studio. Will do more research during this weekend. Looks like I might need to buy a couple of waves pluggs.
Thanks.