Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:58 PM

Default Re: my 003 factory freezes during sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We should have a list of tested systems up shortly (within the next week or two). We've got 3 different test teams, plus betas, from which all the data needed to be sorted, compiled and prepared for delivery on our website and it's taken longer than expected.
This is good news to hear! Hopefully part of the parts list will also include the exact driver number used for all components on these systems. If not, users can build the systems one for one all they want, and there will still be issues just from using different drivers. I'll admit I'm a bit skeptical on these upcoming parts lists Avid will present, but I guess we'll see soon enough. Looking forward to it.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 08-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
This is good news to hear! Hopefully part of the parts list will also include the exact driver number used for all components on these systems. If not, users can build the systems one for one all they want, and there will still be issues just from using different drivers. I'll admit I'm a bit skeptical on these upcoming parts lists Avid will present, but I guess we'll see soon enough. Looking forward to it.

Shane
I fully agree regarding the driver issue. I recently ran video card tests and found a huge PT stability differential with one version of an ATI driver as compared to the preceding one. This I believe is one of the biggest issues when comparing Sandra reports without driver info.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Please let's focus on the issue this thread was created for: 003 factory freezing during sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobot View Post
Dear DigiTechSupport,

As you can see many 003 Factory systems are affected by this bug since PT 8.04.

Any confirmation this bug is noticed and being worked on?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:48 AM

Okay, did more testing without using any McDsp plugs and the 003 didnot freeze this time around. Could be a number of reasons. Although i have protools set to always run as administrator i have started right clicking on the icon and chosing that option anyway. Like i said earlier i had a microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard that were acting funny. I pressed the connect switch on both after changing the batteries and they are fine now. Could that have been the cause? Unlikely.I also just started this song and i am only up to 9 tracks so i don't know if that could be a factor.Tomorrow i will try the Mcdsp and Blue cat stuff to see if any freezing occurs.Though i am running the latest version.I do remember Ac2 being problematic with my old command 8 and causing my monitor to dimm.

http://www.audiosparx.com/waynedawkins
Old 08-04-2010, 07:18 AM

does anyone know if their having problems on mac comps too? this is getting frustrateing..for two or three days now i tried reinstalling pro tools, and it wouldnt even let me do that. it kept shutting my comp down n today i finally got it back on...n im back to the freezeing n buzzing sounds again, n it shuts my comp off once n a while...its horrible ha
Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman500kay View Post
does anyone know if their having problems on mac comps too? this is getting frustrateing..for two or three days now i tried reinstalling pro tools, and it wouldnt even let me do that. it kept shutting my comp down n today i finally got it back on...n im back to the freezeing n buzzing sounds again, n it shuts my comp off once n a while...its horrible ha
Is this in context of this thread's issue "my 003 factory freezes during sessions."?
If not, creating a new thread with your specific issue would be better for not cluttering this thread down as a container for all kinds of of PT 8.04 bugs.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 AM

One other thing i did not consider is disabling audio for windows and only use the 003 factory under protools. I had this issue before with an old emu audio card that was fine once used in an asio application as long as wdm drivers were not enabled. Now before, when i had onboard sound enabled and ran protools with the digi 003 if i inadvertently clicked on the wrong thing and it caused a "ding"(the error sound) through windows the 003 would start acting funny. Even though they did not share the same irq. So i will try this if i get any freezing using McDsp plugs. The memory fault error hasn't showed up since i disabled the serial, parallel ports etc that i thought i already did in cmos. Heck even the ethernet port was enabled. I'll blame that on someone sneaking in behind me. Anyways i will continue testing and seewhat is really going on because otherwise these drivers are really solid.

http://www.myspace.com/waynedawkins
Old 08-05-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Dear DigiTechSupport,

Old 08-06-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Dear DigiTechSupport,

Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 AM

Reading the first pages of the Pro Tools LE Windows Systems: 003, 002, Mbox, 001 section shows that PT 8.04 LE with Digi 003 and 002 interfaces isn't a good match and causes trouble no end.

I had high hopes for 8.04.. still hope Avid/Digi/whoever will get it straight one day and deliver an update that's not introducing 1.000 new bugs along 2 bug fixes and 3 new features ...
Closed Thread