Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2011, 01:06 PM

Question Music Production Toolkit & Pro Tools LE 8 freezes at loading screen

Hey guys any help at all with this would be appreciated.

EDIT: Turns out the DV toolkit 2 crashes it also. I installed it (leaving the MPTK uninstalled) and I get the same error. Any ideas??

EDIT #2: Just read up on the Avid site that the mptk1 is only compatible up to 8.0.3... Still doesn't explain why it didn't work when I was ON 8.0.3

I'm running Pro Tools LE 8 on Windows 7 Enterprise (32bit), and after installing the MPTK just there, it hangs at "loading pro tools" perpetually. I wasn't sure exactly what was doing it at first because I installed a few other things in the same go. After removing (one by one) everything, I found that once I removed the MPTK, Pro Tools started working again. I re-installed the toolkit and it stopped once again.

I was on 8.0.3 but updated to 8.0.5 in an effort to fix the issue but it still freezes.

Any ideas? I need to be able to use the MPTK, especially considering I own a $%&*%@ license

Thanks
3GB RAM
Pro Tools 7.4cs10 w/Mbox 2

Last edited by philbagg; 09-23-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: update
Old 09-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Music Production Toolkit & Pro Tools LE 8 freezes at loading screen

What is Windows 7 Enterprise? Pro and Ultimate are the recommended OS versions. I would start over with just Pro Tools, update as you need and do some testing. Only when things run good and consistent, would I then install the toolkits(and I would image the system drive before adding any toolkit or 3rd party plugins). Maybe you need to update to the MPTK2, but that should be a fairly inexpensive proposition

BTW, as an owner of the DV Toolkit 2, you can upgrade to the CPTK2 for $299

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 AM

Thanks albee for your response!

Enterprise is basically the same as professional, but it's given to colleges and universities (I think). My dad works in a uni, so he got a copy of it.

Turns out the MPTK and DVTK2 aren't compatible with Win7... Kinda figured it out considering I was running the exact same version of Pro Tools and the exact same toolkits with the exact same iLok on Windows XP a few weeks back and it worked fine.

I refuse to pay for their upgrades that I don't need or want, just so it's compatible with Windows 7. I just want the tools I already use.

XP, here I come again.
3GB RAM
Pro Tools 7.4cs10 w/Mbox 2
Old 09-25-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbagg View Post
Thanks albee for your response!

Enterprise is basically the same as professional, but it's given to colleges and universities (I think). My dad works in a uni, so he got a copy of it.

Turns out the MPTK and DVTK2 aren't compatible with Win7... Kinda figured it out considering I was running the exact same version of Pro Tools and the exact same toolkits with the exact same iLok on Windows XP a few weeks back and it worked fine.

I refuse to pay for their upgrades that I don't need or want, just so it's compatible with Windows 7. I just want the tools I already use.

XP, here I come again.
That is certainly an option, but before you give up, you might want to have a look at the CPTK2 and see what you would get for your $299

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave