Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..!!

Quote:

mario
yo Mario, thats what I would call some Karma for sure eh? must be those "italians" after him.. hopefully everyone on the bus was ok which is the main important thing and everyone in the studio is ok also. Gear can be replaced, businesses can be replaced, busses can be replaced, but people cannot.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 PM

btw..... anyone in the tea room ever interested in trying out some Didgeridoo playing by chance? I just found the ultimate site on how to make them and almost anything that you would need to know about them for the most part: here I am currently working on making one out of Apricot wood which I have to go get a saw, some clamps, and some form of carving tool for this weekend here. I might pick up a 4x4 slab to practice on before I attempt to dismantle the log that I spent the better half of 2 hours trimming last weekend... anyways, good info on that site.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:16 PM

Penguino..
You must watch the video with him.."pondering" the future of his world class empire.
Link is just below the main article.
Also..it was at night, no one on the street, or in the studio. Might have been the unusual empty book day.. It is a fairly dark, industrial looking area any way. And the busses were empty !

Good luck with carving ! Try to get a helping hand from some experienced woodpecker dude..
cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-28-2006, 03:34 AM

Bizarre story mario. Empty busses, eh? Insustrial, eh? Italians, eh?

Pinguino: Might make one next year in the states...have only previously fiddled around with one although I did get a 2 day private lesson at a fair once with a Crazy Native American Dude...was quite awesome. Keep us up on how your construction is going!

-Danji
Old 01-28-2006, 03:35 AM

Quote:

Danji: whats going on for the day man? any cool german stuff going on for the weekend?

Yeah Danji.. like this >> ??
But of course! That looks like a picture of my bedroom!

Degs: Another one: you know Laurie Geltman by chance?

-Danji
Old 01-28-2006, 07:35 AM

hey Degs,
Do you know Arnold ?
BTW, just hoping you'll not regret entering this thread These dudes are a bit whacked
a
BTW..what's your G-force tolerance??

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-28-2006, 05:41 PM

so I have a good Guinness story for you dudes this evening.... I'm headed over to my local party store across the street to grab a sixer this evening, get in the store, grab a six pack of stout, head to the counter, pay the dude, grab my case, head out the door, and I am mid-way across the cross walk which is the only one I have to cross to get back to my house and the bottom of the case bursts wide open and all six G's shatter on the pavement so I am like "wtf" and I check the bottom of the case and it was soaked so I go back and complain and they only have draught left in the entire store. So I settle for Draught, help the dude sweep up the glass as traffic is zooming around us on and off.. and head on my way home to current time and settings... the end
Old 01-28-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Pinguino: Might make one next year in the states...have only previously fiddled around with one although I did get a 2 day private lesson at a fair once with a Crazy Native American Dude...was quite awesome. Keep us up on how your construction is going!

-Danji
Yo man, sounds cool, by that time I may have some good tips for you on how to build one from scratch if I keep up my current habits, or I will tell you it is easier just to go buy one... lol time will tell...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Penguino..
You must watch the video with him.."pondering" the future of his world class empire.
Link is just below the main article.
Also..it was at night, no one on the street, or in the studio. Might have been the unusual empty book day.. It is a fairly dark, industrial looking area any way. And the busses were empty !

Good luck with carving ! Try to get a helping hand from some experienced woodpecker dude..
cheers,
heheh, did he serve spaghetti before it happened?

Thanks on the carving, did some more bark stripping tonight on the log, and bought a bunch of PVC stuff to make some other ones in the mean time. As for woodpeckers, I do happen to know a few...
Old 01-28-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
hey Degs,
Do you know Arnold ?
BTW, just hoping you'll not regret entering this thread These dudes are a bit whacked
a
BTW..what's your G-force tolerance??
Matt: don't let him fool you, he is our leader and his plans are world domination!