Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-14-2009, 08:55 AM

Default Transferred Plugs

I have a friend who is going to part with some plugs. The auths are on iLok and all I have to pay is the iLok transfer fee ($25) and an agreed price on the plugs (a good deal).

So, what happens when those plugs need upgrades? I'm not technically the registered user but after the purchase and the iLok transfer, I do legally own the license. I can see where in the past before iLok, companies had a right to refuse upgrade pricing to non-registered users due to piracy. But, with me now legally owning the license, properly transferred, I should be able to purchase the upgrade. I'm sure it depends on the company, but has anyone else run into this and have any advice? The deal is a good one, the plug maker would be Digidesign (focusrite d2/d3 RTAS plugs).

I'd like to take advantage of this opportunity, but don't want to have something that only works for the next 6 months of this release (or whenever).

Thoughts?
-Digi002
-ProTools 9
-OS 10.5.x
Old 05-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Avid

Default Re: Transferred Plugs

I can't speak for other companies, but usually upgrades for plug-ins we distribute would just require surrender of the previous version license. Since you'd have that, you could do the upgrade.

Other companies policies vary and may require that you be registered. Transfer of registration is often possible, but check with the company directly to be sure.