Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Mobile Me iDisk users, it is time to change to Gobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The golfer View Post
Most of those services rely on internet bandwith and speed. On top of that, most free services are loaded with traffics that share that available bandwith.
Even a very fast internet connection is still very far from gigabyteEthernet(LAN) speed. I prefer to make backups on two local backup drives but i still find it very convenient to send and receive h.264 Qt movies and PT sessions over the internet. i couldn't live without it. Of course this is my humble opinion...
Well, I´m not expecting gigaBIT speed (how could I, my connection is 50Mbit) but when I tired iDisk, yousendit, dropbox they were all FAR behind of what I got via FTP from a remote server. Digidelivery not even mentioned.

Hence my question.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 PM

I understand, i use 2 of my own Ftp servers myself. One for my foley studio and customers uploads (this one is local) and another ftp (in the clouds) to provide downloadable links to my customers. It's not that fast but at least i don't have to deal with traffics from third party delivery services...
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 PM

This looks good for delivering files .. www.sugarsync.com

Very much like dropbox, 5gb free and looks like no limit to the file size you can send. The client just has to click on the "Get File" link in the email and the file starts to download. Fool proof. Haha.

I'm trying/testing gobbler too but they are offering more of a cloud based archiving and collaboration service rather than straight file delivery. It's really much more involved than Idisk was/is.

www.spoonsound.com
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 AM

Hi folks,

I posted a request for Gobbler to be able to read the Pro Tools session file format and they are asking the Gobbler community if they would like this feature. If you do then please do to the thread on the Gobbler community forum and vote for it.

http://community.gobbler.com/gobbler...s_session_file

Also please lobby Avid as Brent suggests. We could get a very good backup service as I have also asked Gobbler to extend their application to back up onto local drives as well as over the cloud.

http://community.gobbler.com/gobbler..._to_cloud_only

Add file delivery to that and you have a very powerful service.

http://community.gobbler.com/gobbler...les_to_clients

Please log on to the Gobbler Community forum and vote for these features
Old 11-07-2011, 10:45 AM

Hi guys,

I'm Andrew, the community manager at Gobbler. Just wanted to let you know that we are launching a new plan for users who want to purchase space above the capacity that they have now.[bleep] We are starting a sign up here for users who would like to know more as we've been getting A TON of requests from the pro audio community, especially now, as transfers have gotten faster.

Here's the attached link & feel free to share!

http://mediagobbler.us1.list-manage1...&id=75bf150157

Best,

Andew
Old 11-09-2011, 12:58 PM

I like what Gobbler is doing, and will keep checking it out as that project develops. But for client approvals of mixes, playback, etc.. SoundCloud is great. I especially like the PT10 feature that lets me export from the Pro Tools session into SoundCloud.

Looking at the Gobbler site, it looks like they're collaborating with SoundCloud. The plot thickens...

For cloud-based backup of all my drives (across 5 computers), I've been using Crashplan.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
I like what Gobbler is doing, and will keep checking it out as that project develops. But for client approvals of mixes, playback, etc.. SoundCloud is great. I especially like the PT10 feature that lets me export from the Pro Tools session into SoundCloud.

Looking at the Gobbler site, it looks like they're collaborating with SoundCloud. The plot thickens...

For cloud-based backup of all my drives (across 5 computers), I've been using Crashplan.

Thanks for the love. We have had SoundCloud in Gobbler for some time & are big fans of what they are doing!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:05 PM

Gobbler will be announcing today that from December 7th when you sign up for a beta account you will get 5GB of free space. So if you want 25GB of free space then you need to sign up before 7th December.

Existing users need not worry, you won’t loose your existing space, this is a change for new accounts.

As a way to say thank you to all the beta users Gobbler has a range of options….
  1. All Beta users get a free year of Gobbler. Even though they will be launching price plans in February 2012, all beta users will pay nothing for the space you have, until 1st Feb 2013.
  2. On 1st Feb 2013 you will have the option to keep all that space for the lowest subscription rate of $7.95 as an ongoing thank you, no matter how much space you have acquired.
  3. If you choose not to subscribe to Gobbler then you will retain any bonus referral space you have earned. So for example, if you were one of the early beta adopters and got 50GB and then through referrals you earned another 30GB, until 1st Feb 2013 you will have 80GB for free. On the 1st Feb 2013 your free allocation will drop to 30GB – ie the bonus referral space.

If as a beta user you find you don’t have enough space for all your projects then you will be able to buy additional space at up to 60% off the planned pricing which Gobbler will announce in Feb 2012. Click here to get on the list and Gobbler will send you all the details.

But don’t forget you only have until 7th Dec 2011 to sign up and get 25GB of free space. After 7th Dec when you sign up you will get 5GB of free space, so sign up soon.

Also whilst talking about Gobbler there is a post on the Pro Tools IdeaScale site to integrate Gobbler into the Pro Tools menu structure. If you want to add your vote and bring it up the ranking from 70th then please go to the post on the IdeaScale site and vote.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 PM

Don't forget to join now for one years free subscription. 1 Day left so be quick.

Join Gobbler now and get 25GB's hosting instead of 5GB before December 7th...

Please kindly use my referral link: http://www.gobbler.com/i/YraPSs
Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Let us know when PT 10 is supported.

WaveRider + Defaulter now on SALE
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app