How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 05-24-2017, 07:30 AM

Default East-West and Fishman Release Triple Play Midi Guitar Series

http://www.soundsonline.com/midi-guitar-series

Video...http://media.soundsonline.com/video/mgs-trailer.mp4

AMAZING!! Been waiting 20 years for this! Promo price of $149 each. That said IMO, you are crazy to just outright BUY these 5 modules at an upfront cost of $745. I opted to go with a Month-To-Month Composer Cloud subscription at $30. You get those 5 modules and ALL THE OTHER EW plugins as well. Manage your cash folks...at $30 per month it will take over 2 YEARS for you to spend that $745, you get all the other EW stuff, updates to all of them plus NEW products released over that time. You can also turn ON/OFF the monthly billing so you pay as you need them. Bear in mind I have a 300MB/sec. Net connection so I used a spare 3TB HD to download everything...845GB...took about 24 hours to bring everything down but the pic attached shows you what you get. Current Composer Cloud subscribers can download them now for free...all you need is a Triple Play. :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 06-14-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Re: East-West and Fishman Release Triple Play Midi Guitar Series

I am really interested in this.

However, Fishman's web site indicates that, as of June 12, 2017, the Triple Play Plugin 1.4.106 does not work with Pro Tools 12 on Windows.

http://tripletalk.fishman.com/

Is that your experience? How limiting is this? What are the implications?

Can one still use the device to control and input MIDI data through other virtual instruments (e.g. AIR, Spectrasonics, Komplete) in a Pro Tools 12 session on Windows?
Old 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM

I can confirm that the plugin does not work with PT12. BUT....you can still use the pickup with PT12 and play other VIs, just not the TriplePlay VI.

I love the Fishman for nailing some piano parts that I just can't play on a piano. And its fun to mess with Horns while playing the guitar.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 06-14-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
I can confirm that the plugin does not work with PT12. BUT....you can still use the pickup with PT12 and play other VIs, just not the TriplePlay VI.

I love the Fishman for nailing some piano parts that I just can't play on a piano. And its fun to mess with Horns while playing the guitar.
Release notes state it is a PT SW issue UNDER Win 10 mainly because of the way Avid coded the USB for iLok as the TP uses a dongle for wireless comms. To use the TP under PT12 use the EW "PLAY" app...works great and make sure your TP has the latest Firmware update as its tweeked for EW.

If you are running a Mac then I will just go away now. :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 06-14-2017, 07:25 PM

You also NEED to buy the midi unit at $399 aswell right?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-15-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You also NEED to buy the midi unit at $399 aswell right?
Yes.

I would want to be able to demo the hardware first to see how good the tracking really is. All I've seen in demos is relatively legato playing; give me some Yngwie Malmsteen action

QAPLA!