Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Accel 4+ with Expansion Chassis running Logic

I'm considering upgrading my current system (G4 Dual 1.25/Accel 4 with all cards in the G4) to a Mac Pro with the Magma PE6R4 chassis. I use Logic pretty much exclusively, and I've heard from an Apple rep that Apple does not recommend or support using Logic under DAE with an expansion chassis, and "hasn't for years." I used to have a TDM Mix system on the same G4 in OS9 with a Magma chassis and 6 Farm cards and it worked fine. I'm wondering if anyone has an Accel 4+ system running on a Mac Pro with the Magma chassis and Logic, and if you could share your experiences with that type of setup.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Accel 4+ with Expansion Chassis running Logic

I have a 7 card rig with a G5 and Magma works great.