Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Gig Success - Kinda

And with the "discovery" of the volume and tone knobs you have opened a new world of guitar tones

How did all those great back in the days get all those different tones out of one (or more) amp at full blast (Hendrix, Blackmore and some more)?

Yeah, Volume and tone knobs, pickup selection, and fingers (the worst part to mimic).
Isn't it great .

Sadly, somewhat of a lost art of todays youngsters (due to more options/presets I think).

One trick from "way back" is to turn your guitar volume to 1/4 - 1/2 full, then turn the amp gain/volume to your preferred cleaner sound, then just go full throttle for lead and higher gain stuff. Adjust to taste.

With really working your guitar, you'll be a better player. And will be more able to "speak your mind", as in express yourself (the secret to your own sound).

Keep up the good work
Old 02-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Gig Success - Kinda

bredo:
Yeah thats pretty much what I did.. well I had me amp M30 to a suitable volume at 1/4-1/2 on the vol pot and wound her up for leads. it worked well.
I have to be careful because I play with my right hand open i sometimes tend to slowly knock my volume down.. :)
I also admit to being a foot switcher.. crunch/lead footswitch for years then i met my Boss ME5 :) I have done the unforgivable and used my GT8 into the return of my MkIII but try it worked.. people would complement my amps tone hahaha then again people would compliment my tone when i went $300 gat -> GT8 -> PA!! go figure
oops I'm off the topic now.

Yep vol and tone tweaks are cool oh and my chromacaster tone knob. recommended!!

I