Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 PM

Unhappy Eleven Rack - No UI Files

I have Pro Tools LE 8 and just purchased and eleven rack that also had LE 8 included as a bundle. I was told that I could not return the eleven rack if I opened up the software. So I have set up the eleven rack and have been able to get everything working except for the UI files. I am unable to see a visual representation of the effects or amps when using the Eleven Rack Window from within Pro Tools. I tried pulling the UI files from the expansion pack installer but that didn't work. Anyway to get this functionality without opening the software? The dealer won't let me return the hardware should I change my mind in the next 10 days if the software is opened.

I should also add that the Eleven Rack did not come with the expansion pack loaded nor have a I purchased it.

Last edited by godtegdub; 02-26-2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Left out information
Old 02-26-2012, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack - No UI Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by godtegdub View Post
I have Pro Tools LE 8 and just purchased and eleven rack that also had LE 8 included as a bundle. I was told that I could not return the eleven rack if I opened up the software. So I have set up the eleven rack and have been able to get everything working except for the UI files. I am unable to see a visual representation of the effects or amps when using the Eleven Rack Window from within Pro Tools. I tried pulling the UI files from the expansion pack installer but that didn't work. Anyway to get this functionality without opening the software? The dealer won't let me return the hardware should I change my mind in the next 10 days if the software is opened.

I should also add that the Eleven Rack did not come with the expansion pack loaded nor have a I purchased it.
First, Pro Tools must be open to use the on screen editor. No way around that.

What version of Pro Tools was included? Should have been at least 8.0.1

With 8.0.1 the standard UI files get installed automatically and you dont have to do anything else to use the On screen editor if your 11R has 1.0.3 Firmware or below.

You need to figure out what Firmware version is installed on your 11R.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFclFceQDg0

Do you have Pro Tools LE installed? What version is it exactly? 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.3,???

You should update to 8.0.5 LE after you confirm Pro Tools 8 is already installed.
Pro Tools 8.0.5 Downloads and Details

Your Eleven Rack must be connected to your computer via USB.
No Hubs, connect it directly to the computer. Try a different port if its still not working.

Try another USB cable.

PT LE8 should install the necessary drivers, but you can still check your system to make sure they are installed.

What OS are you using?

What exactly happens in Pro Tools? Does the editor appear at all? If it does appear, what is not showing correctly?

If the editor does not appear at all, have you looked in Pro Tools at the top menu bar, WINDOW, and 'checked' Eleven Rack?

If your Eleven Rack does not have Firmware v2.0.x, then it is pointless to try to install the ERXP. Unless of course you buy the ERXP so you can update the firmware. Using the free download provided by Avid won't do anything for you if your 11R is not already updated.

IF your 11R does have firmware 2.0.x already installed, then you can run the first portion of the ERXP to insert the updated UI files.
http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...howing-in.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSw_2TT-wQ

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-26-2012, 01:31 AM

What version of Pro Tools was included? I have 8.0.1 installed. And I'm not sure what version is in the sealed envelope that came with the eleven rack but I know it is some version of LE 8.

With 8.0.1 the standard UI files get installed automatically and you dont have to do anything else to use the On screen editor if your 11R has 1.0.3 Firmware or below. I do have 8.0.1 and the my 11R is 1.0.3.

Do you have Pro Tools LE installed? Yes...8.0.1

You should update to 8.0.5 LE after you confirm Pro Tools 8 is already installed. Should I reinstall the 8.0.1 update to see if the loads the UI files?

Your Eleven Rack must be connected to your computer via USB.
No Hubs, connect it directly to the computer. Try a different port if its still not working. I'm not using a hub and I am able to record and play back audio through the 11R.

PT LE8 should install the necessary drivers, but you can still check your system to make sure they are installed.

What OS are you using? OSX 10.5.8...exactly where would the files be installed?

What exactly happens in Pro Tools? Does the editor appear at all? If it does appear, what is not showing correctly? Pro Tools runs fine. I am able to record through the 11R and play back my recorded audio. My only issue is that when I open up the 11R window from the window menu I can not see the cabinets, amps and effects. It is similar to the video you posted on youtube regarding the preinstaled expansion pack but in that video you could see some of the effects and cabinets...I can't see any of them.

If the editor does not appear at all, have you looked in Pro Tools at the top menu bar, WINDOW, and 'checked' Eleven Rack? See above

IF your 11R does have firmware 2.0.x already installed, then you can run the first portion of the ERXP to insert the updated UI files. It does not have 2.0.x.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 AM

first try updating to Pro Tools LE 8.0.5

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=393663

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Smile Re: Eleven Rack - No UI Files