Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-23-2015, 09:11 AM

Default Feature Requests

If there is a feature request area, I missed it... But here's a few things I would love for the Artist Mix

1.When banking, the mixer window should follow what is reflected on the surface.
2.I'd love a way to change the scribble strips to become full meters.
3.I'd love to change the gain structure of the meters (not enough segments to indicate very quiet signals)
4.Shift+ON or something to open EDIT mode for a channel.
5.Customization of the surface's buttons and shifted buttons.
************new Dec 25th 2015*************
6.Instead of changing the banks in eights, the Eucon shoild know how many faders it has and change to the next full bank
7.Copy/paste pages and buttons is imperitive in editin soft buttons
8.Outside/Xml edit of the settings
9.Sell me a meter bridge :)
10.Add programmable shift functions for hard buttons (play record rewind etc)
11.Option to invert the channel "On" button- easier to find a muted channel
12.Have the software engineers post of the forum what features they are working on. Behringer, for example, does this to a certain extent. We would love to know if our suggestions are being considered, or if we are wasting our time posting.
13.Build us a hardware "channel" editor. So we
Can adjust EQ, sends etc. If you add a screen, we could adjust plugins as well. Hell, if you make one each for PT, Logic,Cubase etc. You would still make a fortune. ESPECIALLY if it had a screen.

Last edited by owensoundstudios; 12-28-2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added new items
Old 10-23-2015, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensoundstudios View Post
If there is a feature request area, I missed it... But here's a few things I would love for the Artist Mix

1.When banking, the mixer window should follow what is reflected on the surface.
2.I'd love a way to change the scribble strips to become full meters.
3.I'd love to change the gain structure of the meters (not enough segments to indicate very quiet signals)
4.Shift+ON or something to open EDIT mode for a channel.
5.Customization of the surface's buttons and shifted buttons.
++1
Old 10-23-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
The preference exists, but it's broken in PT11. They might have fixed it in PT11.3.2, and I'm pretty sure it works in PT12.

Edit: nope, wasn't fixed in 10.3.2. From the "Known Issues" section of the readme:

Quote:
The Edit and Mix windows do not follow banking on EUCON control surfaces (PTSW-133466)

When the Edit Window Follows Bank Selection and/or the Mix Window Follows Bank Selection preferences are enabled in Pro Tools (Setup > Preferences > Mixing), after banking your EUCON controller, neither the Edit nor Mix window scroll to follow. You will have to manually change the view of the Edit or Mix windows to see the tracks that correspond to the EUCON controller if they are off screen.

Last edited by mesaone; 10-23-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:46 PM

Bump new items
Old 01-03-2016, 08:32 PM

Also; i'd love it ro be an oprion to change the
Dcribble strip view from NAME to the attenuation amount when using faders. It bugs me when I grab faders and the name goes away. :)
Old 01-04-2016, 05:08 AM

Eq/Dyn cycling. So when I click eq or dyn on the artist mix I have a choice of which plugin opens not just the first insert. I wish I could see all the corresponding plugins for eq or dyn that I have on the channel on the artist mix screen and choose the appropriate one, not just what is in the first insert.

The layout of the plugins is different from the inserts mode - they are optimized for controlling eqs or comps. I believe that's how it used to be in the earlier versions of EuCon. Please bring that back.

Also plus a thousand for the meter bridge. I would buy it.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:19 PM

Also, maybe split the forum into groups for different DAW users?
Old 01-08-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Also, maybe split the forum into groups for different DAW users?

Good idea!
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:46 PM

I don't think anyone at Avid actually reads these, or they just don't care to acknowledge the ideas.

How about a "We have read this, and have passed it up, or, "Not looking at implementing this in the near future".

Then we won't feel like we are wasting our time submitting a wish list to improve a product.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:17 PM

I think they should rewrite the Eucon software completely from the ground up. Who knows, maybe this is finally in progress.

Have you noticed that not a single new button, checkbox, or feature has ever appeared in the Eucon UI, like ever, since it was acquired from Euphonix? It's kind of interesting.