Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 AM

Default video playback issues

I recently bought a new mac pro loaded with 10.6.2 and migrated my apps over. To make a long story short, aside from having to update a few virtual instruments (like East West stuff, NI, etc.), it's been working fine. I have PT version 7.4.2 with a 002.

However, when I tried to import a video, the playback just shows a frame of what I'm supposed to see. It looks like it's almost trying to move a little when I hit playback, then it just sits there. I can scrub through and see the whole video, but no playback.

When I open previous files that have videos, they play back fine. It's just when I import.

For a job I'm working on, I tried hooking the 002 back up to the old tower, and I was able to import with no problems. And it plays back on the new computer. So, it seems to be some kind of import issue with Snow Leopard.

I've seen the posts about not using certain characters in the title of the movie file or exporting for DV-PAL, but nothing has worked.

So, does anyone have a fix? Could it be the newer version of Quicktime on the new computer (old one has 7.something, new one has 10.something).

If this issue isn't fixable, would I be better off going back to OS 10.5.4 or staying with Snow Leopard and upgrading PT to 8? Are there many issues with plugins when you go from PT 7.4.2 to 8?

Thanks!
Scott
Old 02-07-2012, 01:19 AM

Default Re: video playback issues

I have the same problem. Upgraded to Snow Leopard and now even Quicktime movies in older sessions from before the change won't play - they just sit on the frame where I started. Tried re-installing Quicktime (7.6.6), converting movies to different formats, changing video preferences and frame rates - nothing makes any difference. What gives?

Mark

PT HD 7.4.2,
Mac Pro Dual Core, OS 10.6.8