Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-27-2011, 10:00 AM

Default BUG: Random Show/Hide Track Issue w/ Mem Locations

Background: So I'm using Memory Locations w/ the Track Show/Hide option -- not talking about markers here -- just ML's to see specific tracks to speed workflow on the MBP screen real-estate. My "main" go-to templates usually have a few of these - some MLs reference Window Configs and some do not.

Issue: After saving a Memory Location w/ Show/Hide tracks option, invoking that ML has the expected behavior at first: he specific tracks visible when I saved the Mem Location re-appear when I invoke it BUT THEN -- when I close/reopen the session and reference the Memory Location saved earlier, random tracks that were hidden and not supposed to be related to the ML show up at recall. It's random - for instance, say I have a guitar-tracking Memory Location I saved earlier -- suddenly piano tracks will show up in the ML even though they were never saved to it. Every Memory Location in the session undergoes this behavior-change : works fine at creation-time, next time I open the session all ML show/hide track views go all to $#*!%.

UPDATE: I've found that the tracks that appear each time aren't really random, per se. They appear to be added two tracks away from a track I moved or deleted (per this PT8 2010 bug post, unanswered: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=1829272 ) . May be coincidence but I seem to having an existing pre PT9 bug detailed in that unanswered thread.

Actions Tried: Closed the session and started a blank one and IMPORTED track & ML info the new session. The issue strikes again. I next cleared out all MLs and started over (a pain) and the behavior was fine and survived a few session closings/opens - only to return again. I trashed Preferences, nada change. Since this is my secondary PT9 play-rig (obviously since this is a beta) I'll go the re-install route next.

It's like the pointers to the show/hide track info is becoming re-saved or corrupted in the session.

Envrionment: Running 9.0.5 on Lion on a 2010 15" i7 MBP w/ no other visible issues or bugs for me -- just this one. Same template on 10.6.8 2010 i5 iMac seems to work fine. Update: Issue hits me on either OS, see post below.

Anyone else see this? If so here's your thread to talk about it...

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 08-27-2011, 04:49 PM

Default Re: BUG: Random Show/Hide Track Issue w/ Mem Locations

Well, looks like I can reproduce this on my iMac w/ 10.6.8 as well, so that removes Lion from being the issue. So either the session file is partially corrupt someplace, or it's PT 9.0.5. That's the only thing common between the two computers I'm on today.

To reiterate: Memory Locations that show/hide specific tracks seem to shift and display non-desired tracks. The "random" non-saved tracks that show up when I click the ML seem to be offset by 2. So MLs are running amok for me in this session.

Update: Okay the session was hosed I guess. Started a new session, imported my tracks & plug-in/send info but NOT the Window Configs or Memory Locations. Then I created a new fresh Memory location and it seems to keep the exact show/hide Track behavior between saved sessions. So I guess it was some kind of session corruption.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 12-17-2013, 06:07 AM

I've the same issue on 10.3.6

Very annoying and a waste of my time. Please fix.
I've had it on several sessions
Old 02-25-2015, 04:57 AM

Apparently this issue still hasn't been fixed (I'm on PT 11.3.1 / Windows 7 - 64 bit). I'm experiencing the exact same problem and it is very annoying. Is there a way to find out if Avid is aware of this issue?
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 32GB
Internal Hard Drives:
500GB= Programs
1TBGB= Audio
1tbGB= Samples/Back Up
External Hard Drives: Verbatim 1TB USB Drive
RME Fireface UFX Interface/Preamps
Pro Tools 2023
Focal CMS 65 Monitors
Avantones