Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-16-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program:c:\programFiles\Digidesign\Pro Tools\Protools.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application support team for more information.

Above is the error message I'm constantly getting.
I did research on the tech support and I got two answers so far that hasn't worked.

creating a new user login & running Pro Tools from there corrected the problem. (DOESNT WORK)

In one case, trashing the Digidesign Database folders (found at the root level of all drives), the volumes folder (C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\Databases\Volumes), and deleting the Pro Tools preference files (C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Application Data\Digidesign\Pro Tools v x.x Preferences) corrected the problem. (DOESN"T WORK)

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I have a a built P.C using 6.4 Pro Tools LE with M-Box 1.
I called tech support and they won't help because my 90 day day CSR Support has expired.

Thank you, hope to get some help and fix this issue soon.

Thanks!