Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 05:22 PM

Default Bounce to Disk creates endless loop

I am mixing 2 songs for a project that have the same plugins and pretty much the same setting on the tracks. I can BTD Song one just fine but when I BTD song 2 it gets about 2 bars in and then starts looping like I've run the whole mix through a delay and turned up the regeneration. Any ideas?

Thanks

OS X 10.4.6--PT's 7.1cs9-HD 2 - dual G4 1.25 (using both processers in the session)
Old 08-13-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Bounce to Disk creates endless loop

Early on in the mix I had an Aux track in the session that had been used for an echo. Didn't need the echo so I removed the echo from the insert and set the aux to "no input" but the left the aux in the session just in case I needed it for something else later on.

I just deleted that aux and BTD works fine. Not getting any looping anymore. How wacky is that? Any thoughts.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Bounce to Disk creates endless loop

I have become a firm believer in print to track.
Yesterday I had a delivery that revealed an inaudible error at the time of the pass.
A track that contained a tone for a talkback gate on a phone patch ended up bleeding through at an UHF.
(in my haste I had option+clicked outputs to Stereo Aux Master.
When I inspected the waveform I could see it at the end of the file. I could only hear it on a slow scrub.However I noticed it had corrupted the other waveforms. Most likely in the upper partials but none the less it was corrupted. If I would have delivered it and someone else would have looked at it they might have questioned the quality.