Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 09:14 PM

Default Re: C24 Terrible Finish....Is Yours Wearing Thin?

Hey Digi - I just bought the control 24 - and I really like it but want it to look good for years - what are you going to do about this?
Please respond to these posts,
Thanks
Old 06-25-2001, 06:03 AM

I haven't used mine yet but I was thinking of taking the panels off and spray them with poliuretaine or something before using it , but I'm worried , DIGI youre kid's are asking for help please !!!!!! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2001, 06:54 AM
Avid

Thanks for documenting these issues. We are currently investigating this problem here at HQ and at our manufacturing plant.

I'll post more info as we get it. Thanks!

DigiCS
Old 06-25-2001, 01:28 PM

Wow...I'm kinda glad I haven't bought my C24 yet. I guess I will wait until all this is cleared up first before I even think about buying it.

Jason
Old 06-25-2001, 04:09 PM

Hey Digi - glad you're listening. I first started to worry when my C-24 was on order and I noticed the rubbery paint on the arm rest and side panels was seriously dinged on the Pro Control display at the dealer. The C-24 has the same stuff so I'm wondering what to do to protect that. Now this finish on the control surface itself is another story. 2 sessions and the area directly beneath the talkback button is totally worn off. The only reason more areas haven't gotten worn yet is that we just set it up and are still using the mouse and keyboard for most functions while we learn the board. I'm sure you are going to repair or replace these defective early units, right? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] cool
Old 06-27-2001, 09:46 AM

Well, I doubt they're going to "repair" the "defective units." It's not broken. This is a cosmetic issue that happens in manufacturing in an attempt to keep costs down. I'm sure they didn't anticipate it. But this is bummer news. I was going to get one too.

Digi, maybe you can try out some options and make some recommendations for keeping the surface in good shape, such as a polyurethane spray as was mentioned before.
Old 06-27-2001, 11:39 AM

It should'nt be our resposibility to put a clearcoat on the board. To do that right you have to take the hole damn thing apart which would probably void the warranty. Improper paint in the manufacturing stage is unacceptable and very irresponsible.

Digital Sound Lab [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2001, 01:45 PM

I cannot agree more, Tom. Fortunately I heard about the finish-problem just in time to put off buying C|24's until it's sorted out.

Ben
Old 06-27-2001, 02:10 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by [Benjamin]:
I cannot agree more, Tom. Fortunately I heard about the finish-problem just in time to put off buying C|24's until it's sorted out.

Ben
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a shame for you to have to do without it over this...the unit is a lot of fun and makes mixing fun again.

But speak with your pocket book as you are doing, and perhaps someone will hear you and address this....
Old 06-28-2001, 12:25 AM

1) Why do I have to pay $10500 for a Control|24 in Sweden, when you guys can get ot for $6000?

2) If I were you guys (haven't bought my C|24 yet) I'd drop it off on warranty at your dealer, refuse to leave the store with it in other shape than mint, if they hadn't sorted it out within say 30 days I'd send a full invoice. If they'd give me another one that wore..

Ben

(Don't let them get away with it, Digi's products have grown to become severly overpriced compared to the competition, good quality is the least we can demand)