Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 06-17-2004, 03:56 PM

Default Re: C24 ALL LIT UP

I'm working with this problem since almost 2 years. Whenever it happens I open the PS and reseat all connectors. It stops immediately for many weeks.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:49 PM

Dude, not to be disrespectful or anything but you have too much free time on your hands. The board wasn't free was it? Get it serviced/repaired.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:48 AM

I tried your method and so far my C24 works fine...(it's been 8 hours so far)
How often do you have to do this?
Old 09-15-2004, 06:37 AM

Where is Digi in the thread? I am sick of this BS. I have replaced the power supply 2x, which required changing the fader cards the last time, and now in the middle of a session last night, the C24 comes up with a new way to screw up. All the lights lite up. Thankfully the monitor section still worked, and I was able to finish the session. How is the possible? Why is this product so poor when it comes to quality control. It doesnt seem to matter how old a unit is. At this point a control 24 cant even be looked at as semi pro. I have very little confidence is Digi ability to make a quality control surface. How can I even consider a D Control when I cant trust this?
Old 05-03-2005, 03:31 PM

clickrec
to answer your question.
today I had to open and reseat all plugs again.
Hope it works again that long.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:01 PM

Started with me last week. Intermitant "ALL LIGHTS ON"?????
IS this a power issue or ethernet?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:46 AM

same prob hits us on friday
we have a new PSU since 6 weeks....everything works fine for 4 weeks!
then...displays go out of work. send it to digi the 2nd time....everythings fine for 1 week.
now ALL LIGHTS ON.
our technician called digi-supp and it seems to be a power-prob. so maybe we have to send it for the 3rd time back to digi....hope they fix the problems.
PT 6.4.1. cs2

http://schallraum.net
Old 07-06-2005, 10:01 AM

I had this problem today. Normally I should be in the studio now recording a customer but had to told them to go home. I don't know if its' really the same problem here...
I was working on a session when suddenly the c|24 went offline. I had this before, so I powered the unit back on and the problem was solved. 5 minutes later I had the same problem. The c|24 kept going offline and the time between this became shorter and shorter until all the lights were lit and the unit was dead. I called digi-support in England and they promised me to call me back to replace the unit. I didn't hear from them yet. I'm really sceptic about the replacing of the unit because it would allready be my fourth(!) unit in 7 months since I bought it. The other ones had blinking displays, fader crashes and crackling preamps. I don't really know what to do because this is killing me. I just started my recording studio and have put all my money in it. My dream finally came true, but this c|24 is my worst nightmare. I'm thinking about exchanging it with an other product, but theres nothing in this price-range to exchange with. A command|8 would almost scare my customers away and I can't afford a more expensive unit. Anyone any ideas?? Thanx a lot Digi!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:50 PM

Well the problem's back. Looking at my last post, it's one month short of a year since I pulled out my power supply. This time the symptoms are much worse and the flickering lights are much more frantic, if that makes sense. Also, the control room volume cuts out completely, but will come back when I turn the knob.

I'll try the same thing I did last year and see what happens. So far I've been lucky compared to some of the other posts I've read. But if this problem is as common and chronic as it seems to be I/we would expect Digi to look into this and post some info.

I'll let you know if my "fix" works again this time.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I'm working with this problem since almost 2 years. Whenever it happens I open the PS and reseat all connectors. It stops immediately for many weeks.

Thanks again to pmueller for last year's suggestion. I took out the power supply and reseated all connectors and, after leaving the unit on overnight, so far so good.

I'm not a tech by any means, but I wonder if there could be some kind of logic problem caused by a charge or transient that builds up over time and "escapes" when the PSU is disconnected? Perhaps some kind of ground is faulty? Like I said, I'm not a tech so this might sound ridiculous... anyone with tech knowledge have an opinion?