Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 PM

Default If you are receiving the "Access Violation Error" read me

My recent troubles with my Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 Hard Drive (750g) have now been fixed. Drive shipped to company "I 360" and new firmware was installed on the drive, returning it to operational status.

This could have been avoided as well as 1 week worth of down time. I was receiving the "access violation error", and this has ceased now that the drive has been returned to me.

Update your firmware for the drive before it crashes. If you are receiving the "Access Violation" error the problem might not be with Pro Tools, it may be with your disk. Check the make of the disk, do you have the Seagate Barracuda 7200 series like I did? If so update your drive firmware immediately before the problem finds you. I got lucky. Others have lost drives without backup.

Maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't but if one DUC user's drive gets saved by my hard lesson, then this thread was worth reading / writing. I think very often we blame all problems on Pro Tools when maybe the blame for errors and crashes could be placed on other sources like hard drives malfunctioning, or bad software / firmware on other integral computer parts / softwares.

HTH's.

Doc
Avid HD Native PCIe Core | Pro Tools HD 2018.1