Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2009, 07:13 PM

Default Where am I going wrong?

Got a couple of issues working right now that have me on the verge of launching my laptop, so hoping someone can help. The "All things guitar" section has helped somewhat, but not sure where the issue is now.

Issue #1

Downloaded Line 6 POD Farm onto my iLok and its not showing up at all as any insert. Neither is my Eleven LE. Usually when something new is added, the first time you add as insert the setup.exe pops up and you go from there. I synched my iLok and its on there. I also re-inserted the Eleven disk and it says its already loaded. Any ideas?

Issue #2

On Amplitude Metal insert, I want to have multiple tracks using the same insert. They are:

Track 1: Clean Rhythm
Track 2: Light Distortion
Track 3: Lead; Distortion

I want all three tracks to utilize Amplitude. The issue is any time I insert more than one track, the sound is cancelling out. The guys in the guitar section helped out, and I was able to copy and invert 2 clean tracks with no issue. But adding anymore instances of Amplitude (Metal, Jimi Hendrix version, etc), and I am right back to the snap, crackle, and pop....

Tom.......I finally figured out the EZ Drummer and it friggin rocks and is stupid simple. If I can figure it out, anyone can!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Where am I going wrong?

Well, a bit of an update. I found the Eleven (finally). An update to the iLok seemed to do the trick. Still haven't found the Line 6. Created stereo and mono tracks, audio and instrument. Nothing. Checked back with Line 6 and it said I have it.....just nothing on the insert anywhere....

Any suggestions?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM

you may have tried looking already, but Pod Farm may be under "other" instead of "harmonic" in your plugs list.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Yeah, I checked under every single insert.....multiple times. LOL. It's like it just went "poof". Its on the iLok, on the Line 6 page as downloaded, and I can even search and see that there is a 346Kb file. Just.....no insert.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:45 PM

Okay....another update. Found it! Finally! I ended up downloading Line 6 Monkey and went that route. Finally showed up! Good news is I had multiple inserts of guitar tracks and no cancelling out of sound. I would love to know why Amplitude is doing that......but I'll fight that battle another day.

On another note.....Melodyne absolutely rocks as well.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:00 PM

All that gets downloaded to your I-lok is the AUTHORIZATION for the plugin, not the plug-in itself. Best bet:
1. Download the authorization to your I-lok (which you've done.)
2. Download & install the plugin. When you launch PT it'll search for, and
find, the authorization that you just downloaded to your I-lok.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 PM

I got it finally! I ended up downloading Line 6 Monkey and it found it. It was just strange. It was like it disappeared, but all is good now. I set up 4 mono tracks and no bleed over. I still dont know why Amplitude is cancelling out.....but I'll keep working that.

Keep out of the snow sw! LOL
Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM

I have the same problem as you...got the iLok license, downloaded PodFarm and then nothing. I'll give this a try and see if it helps.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 PM

Yeah, give the Line 6 Monkey a shot. It showed that I had NOT downloaded it (even thought I did), and it allowed me to run throught the setup.exe file. Once that happened I was good. Man....there are some good sound options on the POD Farm. Amplitude has some good ones, especially Amplitude Metal; however, I have a problem with the signals cancelling out still and can't figure it out. Anymore than 2 tracks and I am through. Weird.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneFO View Post
Yeah, give the Line 6 Monkey a shot. It showed that I had NOT downloaded it (even thought I did), and it allowed me to run throught the setup.exe file. Once that happened I was good. Man....there are some good sound options on the POD Farm. Amplitude has some good ones, especially Amplitude Metal; however, I have a problem with the signals cancelling out still and can't figure it out. Anymore than 2 tracks and I am through. Weird.

You don't need the Line 6 Monkey to download the iLok version of Pod Farm.