How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2024, 11:39 AM

Default Pro Tools connected to WiFi without internet

Hello all

I’m running ProTools Studio on Mac OS Ventura. The computer is connected to a WiFi router that has no internet connection. Reason being all S1 tablets connect to this router.
Pro Tools takes forever to start up and load a session when connected to WiFi and no internet. I assume it sees the WiFi connection and looks for cloud based licenses. All licenses are on an lLok in my case.

Any idea how to speed up the startup process? I tried little snitch but I guess I’m not smart enough to set it up correctly.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2024, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools connected to WiFi without internet

Hi, welcome to the community. Please take a look at Help Us Help You page that is linked to the forum header.
Old 02-03-2024, 02:14 PM

Hi welcome to DUC.

Since there is not a lot of useful details given here I am going to guess that the Pro Tools icon is likely bouncing in the dock. If so then the Mac thinks there is a network route to the Internet where it can reach the ocsp.apple.com certificate revocation servers and not doing so it will eventually time out. I and others have posted about this on DUC many times in the past, so I would have hoped that would have been findable in a google search... but maybe not so easy.

If so, you need to setup your local network correctly. You can use static or dhcp addresses, set up a local network DNS name server if you want to. But the network must not imply it has a route to the Internet.... why are you using a *router* if it does not? ... that is the job of a router. You can either configure the router properly and delete the route info on the Mac it would have been given by the router or maybe get a WiFi hub and configure the Mac to be a DHCP server if needed. Nothing here is really Pro Tools or Avid specific, and if this does look like the issue you can Google for "ocsp.apple.com" or Apple certificate revocation etc. to find out more info if you want.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-03-2024 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2024, 06:00 PM

And I could actually give you the commands to do this. But DUC is so farked up that you can't post oh actual useful technical command line things in an easy to use way... on a technical forum.

But here is it in PITA, unfriendly (and maybe less security conscious) PDF. Maybe useful for folks who want to learn some network setup stuff, including by reading the UNIX man pages for these commands (e.g. $ man networksetup).

The point is to make sure the Mac knows there is no route to the Apple revocation servers, so it does not try, and hang for a while waiting...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf commands.pdf (33.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-03-2024 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:28 PM

Code:
Use the code tag, which looks like hashtag.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Code:
Use the code tag, which looks like hashtag.
And? tagging stuff as CODE does nothing useful here. But uh thanks for explaining VBulletin syntax to me, after nearly 20,000 posts here and a few years helping run other vBulletin servers... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DUC is broken, screwed up, with a poorly run WAP filter that stops lots of content being posted that looks like useful UNIX admin commands. This has been covered here in many many threads, many of which you have been on. I identified that original problem to Avid, explained it multiple times, pointed out lots of cases, and it's still so broken.
Old 02-03-2024, 11:55 PM

Point taken