Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2024, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools is broken, and here is why

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
I'm so paranoid now I have multiple backups of everything - Time Machine, external hard drives, DVD/BluRay and now online backups. It has saved my butt many times when data gets lost, accidentally deleted or corrupted. Always have a backup of your system!
It's not a bad idea. I do the same, with a TM backup (of absolutely everything including samples), manual backups to other drives that are connected to that same machine, as well as cloud backups (of almost everything). It seems extraneous but, same as you it has saved my butt more than once, and certainly will again. And I sleep a little better at night knowing things are covered, even if all the local drives go bad.