Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2024, 09:19 AM

Default HDX issueq

Hello all. I am waiting for a response from tech support, but in the meantime, I thought I would ask the community.

Ever since I updated my OS (10.15.7) and Pro Tools (2020.9.1 Ultimate), I have been getting this message saying that "PT is unable to find an Audio interface attached to the first HDX card". This never happened before I updated my system and DAW and it doesn't happen all the time. I can open and close a few sessions without this issue happening. Once I click "quit" and restart PT, I am able to open the session normally. I am able to launch pro tools normally every time as well, it is only a sporadic issue when opening sessions. I have not touched any of the cabling before or after the updates took place.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3043.jpg (53.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2024, 02:16 PM

Default Re: HDX issueq

What computer? What interface? :)

Could simply be a loose digilink cable. Or the cable could be bad.

I used to see this on my 5,1 Cheesegrater with 192s. It was due to the computer getting too old for newer operating systems. A reboot of the system sometimes fixed.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:12 PM

Default Re: HDX issueq

I'm using a Mac Pro 2013 and my I/O is Lynx Aurora 16. I can open PT with no issue and even work on sessions for hours. Occasionally, when I go to open another session, it will throw up the error message and I have to shut down and cycle my Aurora. For example, I have worked 6 hours today on multiple sessions and no problems, but yesterday it hit me with the error message 3 separate times.