Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM

Default PT 8.0.1 Continuous Scroll is jerky.

We just finished doing a clean install of OS X 10.5.8, and upgraded Pro Tools to 8.0.1. The continuous scroll or Center Playhead make the edit window extremely jerky during playback. This same system was super smooth under 10.5.5 and Pro Tools 7.4.2cs4.

We've tried 2 video cards, ATI 2600 HD and NVIDIA GT120 with the same results.

The system is:

8 Core Mac Pro 2.8 GHz
16 GB RAM
HD3 Accel

We've also noticed that during page scroll, the line playhead is jerky, even though the waveforms do not move.

Has anyone experienced this, or found a remedy?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:38 PM

Default Re: PT 8.0.1 Continuous Scroll is jerky.

The guys who program Pro Tools arent actually working with the software, it appears, either that or they are using a mouse without scrolling capabilities.

I find it, mildly spoken, a MAJOR joke, that the supposedly, industry standard application for Pro Audio, is such a catastrophe when it comes to something as simple as setting a scroll wheel ratio....

digi, maybe you guys should start ironing out some of the many bugs (which are small) and adding ADC to PT LE, before bringing forth more PT LE stuff like eleven rack

Oh, did I mention fixing RTAS.... you have been promising that since the steinbergs killed jesus christ.....
Old 10-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post

I find it, mildly spoken, a MAJOR joke, that the supposedly, industry standard application for Pro Audio, is such a catastrophe when it comes to something as simple as setting a scroll wheel ratio....
.... and when i come in here and complain with legit stuff...i'm called a bully and other cats say "ban" him.

I have to say it again and again.....to enlighten those of you who can't seem to see it.....

there is a great big pink elephant in the living room and no one seems to want to acknowledge it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JnXqYuXEcT...k_elephant.jpg

i really really really wish the best for Digi/AVID and their company

because their best is what i deserve.

that's what i paid for...at least i thought i did.

do the rest of you?

no one wants to kick anyone where or if they are down

but if you are DOWN get back up again....

i loved you Digi....and apologize if that love appears conditional

i can love again. it is a reciprocal thing this love thang.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:57 AM

I agree with the mouse scrolling bug, very annoying with a Kensington ExpertMouse, but it works great if you have a D-Control scroll wheel.

I was actually posting regarding the display properties of the Editor Window when playing back. The screen is incredibly jerky, especially in regions with lots of waveforms. I remember having similar issues in Pro Tools 6 on G4 computers, and the trick was to turn the Displays to shown Thousands instead of Millions of colours.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 AM

I have exactly the same problem and it makes me feel giddy! Did you find a fix?
Thanks