Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-05-2016, 06:30 AM

Default Re: EuControl + PT|Control: Better Configuration Management?

Yes, I've seen the XML. Nice that there is one. But editing this by hand is tedious. And as you said, we would need a list of ALL the commands so we could search for them and enter them manually.

Someone could write an editor :) It's not complicated but it's just an unnecessary amount of work. And we still would need the complete list of commands. Easier would be if the EuControl would just do a better job :)
Old 07-05-2016, 07:19 AM

absolutely!

I am nervous to move forward tho - was a lot of problems just before the change of terms regarding buying PT12.

but there was nothing compelling me to spend more cash - the tools I have now are doing the job.. I am also going thru a major job now

I might investigate if a "vanilla" protools 12 can help me -

so I guess I would reluctant to try Eucon 3.4 - since it may 'break' whats working well for me.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Kyle, is there anywhere a specification or list of the EuCon protocol that lists all available commands and their names?

Just in case anybody would make an XML editor to configure the EuControl layout.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:43 AM

yes that would be amazing! I have spent some time programming my keys - but now I realise I want to move them up a row on the touch screen..

its an extremely tedious process! would much rather be doing my 'paid work' rather than messing around with the Eucon configs..

This is an interface that is used on MC5 as well as the Artist series as well as the newer ones..

quite a large audience. I am sure it would be appreciated!