Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2017, 09:42 AM

Default Creating New Playlists When Loop Recording

I am using Pro Tools First to record vocal tracks for a producer, so that he can receive files that he can work with most easily. So I need to loop record and have each take go to a separate playlist.

The first image attached (hopefully it works) from pg 611 of the PT12 users manual shows how to do this in Preferences. However, there is no Preferences option in PT First that I can find. I have searched the Event menu, and everywhere else to find this option.

Is the Loop Record to New Playlists option simply not available in PT First? See the second attached image, where Pro Tools' own "Compare" page says Loop Record/Track Comping is available on PT First.

I thought that Pro Tools First was a full function version of the software, just with limitations like cloud storage, limited number of sessions, etc. Will I need to purchase the full version of PT in order to do what I need?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 9.31.35 AM.jpg (53.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 9.39.37 AM.jpg (24.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by earlemonroe; 10-26-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Creating New Playlists When Loop Recording

Good morning Earlemonroe. DId you ever get an answer to this question? I am currently struggling with the same issue?

Thanks,
JayM
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 PM

This feature is not available with the free version of ProTools.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:51 AM

Thank you earlemonroe for taking the time to respond.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:24 PM

I was on the road and unable to post in more depth, but I ended up speaking with PT support about this. PT First doesn't even have a Preferences option. All such settings are found in other menu options. Support confirmed that loop recording to separate playlists could not be done in PT First.

What I ended up having to do, in order to get my producer the files he could work with, was to upgrade my old PT8 to the newest version. So I ended up paying not the full $600 cost, but like $300 for an upgrade. It was not ideal, since it's not something that I will use all that much, but it's what the producer needed, so I had to bite the bullet.