Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2017, 03:15 PM

Default Fast Track Pro Inputs no longer recognized by Pro Tools

HI: I've searched around in this thread a number of different ways and haven't found anything specific to my issue. I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a Fast Track Pro (FTP) that I've used in PT 12.7 and had no problems recording before. Quite suddenly, I have TWO "Fast Track Pro" entries in my Playback Engines selector. When I select either of my two Fast Track Pro from the Playback Engine selector, and then go to I/O, all buttons on my inputs tab are greyed out, and there is nothing in any of the inputs rows. The Fast Track Pro is showing in my Peripherals window of the Hardware Setup. When I launch the setup app, i see TWO fast track Pros in there (One with 0 ins and 4 outs, and a second with 2 ins and 0 Outs), but I cannot delete these in the Audio Midi Setup window.

I recently upgraded to 12.8.6 with the hopes that would help, but there was no change.

A few things I've tried:
1) I've deleted the drivers and reinstalled them for the FTP.
2) I've deleted the Fast Track Pro Preference Pane and reinstalled it.

Even though I cannot find the inputs/outputs in Pro Tools, I AM able to use the Fast Track Pro in Garage Band as an input/output device, and I can also select it in my input and output Sound preference pane. The problem seems to be with Pro Tools (and I'm sure some large amount of user error).

So my questions are: 1) is it okay to have TWO fast track pros in my Playback Engine Selector, or are they conflicting with each other; and 2) why can I not see the Fast Track Pro, or even create a generic input in the I/O.

Can anyone help???

I'm running:
MacBook Pro with 10.12.6 iOS
Updated drivers for Fast Track Pro (1.9.4) and
Pro Tools 12.8.2