Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Logic 7.1 and CoreAudio 6.9 - don\'t work

anybody any trick ? since I've update Logic - today - to V 7.1, the CorAudio Driver (installed with PT 6.9 ) doesn't work anymore with Logic 7.1 and Waveburner 1.1. It's any Trick to work or we must wait for any update ?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Logic 7.1 and CoreAudio 6.9 - don\'t work

Your headline says it all: Logic 7.1 an Core Audio 6.9 don't work. Neither does Core Audio 6.7. My system uses an M-Box and everything was working fine up to and including Logic 7.01. Now I have the latest version of Logic but I can't use it. I hope Digi will respond quickly with a working driver.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM

you know what burns me up about all this? I've been suffering with endless compatability issues of various systems since Digidesign came out with their Session system. THat was like 10-12 years ago. And amazingly..you still cannot put together a decent system for a decent buck to this day with digi in the mix. I had a stable system running OS 9.2 and Logic 4.7 with ProTools 5 at one point. That was it. Every since it's just been a huge joke trying to get every thing working together with OSX.

I have a Digi 001 on a Dual 1ghz Quicksilver. I spent close to 6 grand for all this with Waves plugins upgrades to OSX 2 years ago. Now I can't use any of it if I want to use OSX and Logic Audio, which I compose in all the time, if I want to use digi hardware. Is this Apples fault or Digidesigns fault? Therein lies the problem and the rub. They point fingers at each other and I get no work done, (yet manage to continue throwing money at the problem, right?). Can't upgrade core audio anymore because not supported hardware, can't import OMF in Logic due to bug, Logic fixes bug and now I can't access digihardware anymore, digi will come out with new core audio driver eventually, which won't work on my 001 cause it's not supported, blah blah blah on and on, it will never end. Here's another $100, here's another $2000, here's another $20. Sick of it. Ready to throw the whole lot on ebay and forget about DAW based production all together. I suspect I am not the only one who has grown tired of the excess of RIDICULOUS run arounds that we as independents have to muster!!.

This is the third time I have been made intentionally obsolete by digi and it will be the last. Since I apparently won't be getting any core audio support to fix whatever the hell is wrong with Logic 7.1 compat, and Logic will prolly just blame Digi for lame ass drivers..I will be ending my relationship with PT at this point. I seriously doubt I will buy another digi product for the rest of my life. I'll keep using my 001 until it dies and that will be it. But in the meantime I have to go find another interface for Logic (prolly MOTU firewire solution..don't seem to read anything but all positives in that camp). Sad I can't have the best of both worlds with the equipment I paid hard earned money for isn't it? There are a ton of Logic users out there Digi!!! On 001's too. Maybe I am not ready to go buy a new 002 to run on a new G5 with a new rewrite of OS X. I just got my current system 2 years ago. Shouldn't be obsolete already IMO. Not even sure if it's paid for itself yet with the current creative business enviroment. (Hey I will mix anybodies film and score the music for only $2.36 an hour! Yeah...I'll be retiring soon...from this line of work.)

I understand that digi is a proprietary system..and I appreciate that they wish to be a one stop shop. (Well why don't you just STOP making core audio drivers and force everybody to YOUR standard then..because it's a HUGE pain in the arse to keep juggling all these various "standards" that don't work for few months in a row). Unfortunately, PT's midi leaves much to be desired. That said..I prefer to mix in ProTools anyday. Really a joy. But i spend the majority of my time composing and I rely heavily on midi, and Logic and DP both got you beat hands down digi, especially with Logics full Pro Version. I shouldn't be penalized by not being able to use YOUR hardware to work in alternative ways, especially since YOU SEEM to encourage that with your core audio driver!@. I mean It's a lousy driver for christs sake..you know? Fix the issue and let it work with my 001! I still prefer to mix in ProTools. I PAID FOR IT! (I even purchased digitranslator just so I can move between programs and work on FCP edits etc.) There are quite a few people who want to work the same way I do. Compose and create in Logic, mix in Protools.

I strongly suspect that core audio 6.9 would work with 001 and if it doesn't, it's been intentionally told not to respond to the hardware. Specific code to NOT run on a 001 to force people to shell out more money for 002..which from what I have read doesn't work that great either.

Anyway..this rant falls on deaf ears at digi. Prolly just be deleted by admin and I will be banned from posting. More for my own benefit I suppose. Later digi. Thanks for not much.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:14 AM

Quote:
anybody any trick ? since I've update Logic - today - to V 7.1, the CorAudio Driver (installed with PT 6.9 ) doesn't work anymore with Logic 7.1 and Waveburner 1.1. It's any Trick to work or we must wait for any update ?
There's no trick. Apple decided to give Digi the Finger? Well let's hope an update along with the PT Tiger one fixes things.
1- HDX
1 - Apogee Symphony Mk2 8x8
1 - HD 16x16 Interface
MOTU MTP/AV
------------------------------
Second System
Mac Pro 2013 3.5GHz 6-core Xeon E5-1650v2
32GB RAM
1 - HDX
1 - Avid Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis
1 - HD 8X8 Interface

MARVINBASS Digital Audio, LLC
Ex PT Beta Tester
Woodland Hills, CA.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:53 AM

Support for the Digi 001 stopped at 6.4. This is not new news.
Do like I did and get a MOTU box to run Logic. Digi Core Audio Drivers are all crap.
Now I can do everything in SX3 or Logic but still have ProTools.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:03 AM

Try loading the Core audio driver first, and then load Logic.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 05-05-2005, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Try loading the Core audio driver first, and then load Logic.
Core Audio 6.9 was already installed before I updated. It's broken and it need's an update.
1- HDX
1 - HD 16x16 Interface
MOTU MTP/AV
Second System
32GB RAM
1 - HDX
1 - HD 8X8 Interface

MARVINBASS Digital Audio, LLC
Ex PT Beta Tester
Woodland Hills, CA.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:40 PM

I mean, click the Coreaudio icon to load it, THEN, click Logic to load it. Try it in that order as opposed to letting Logic start up the coreaudio driver automatically.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 05-05-2005, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I mean, click the Coreaudio icon to load it, THEN, click Logic to load it. Try it in that order as opposed to letting Logic start up the coreaudio driver automatically.
This works for me... Running PT 6.9/MBox and Tiger.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Cliff_Boy, Thank You! That Worked!
1- HDX
1 - HD 16x16 Interface
MOTU MTP/AV
Second System
32GB RAM
1 - HDX
1 - HD 8X8 Interface