Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default MDW EQ 5 AAX Plug-In

Posting this info from Avid...

Dear Users of Pro Tools 10 and higher:

As the worldwide online reseller of the MDW Hi-Res EQ developed by Massenburg DesignWorks, we would like to apologize to both you and to our long-time developers for the technical difficulties encountered by the Avid online store in completing activations of certain versions of the Plug-In. We are working together to re-post version 5 of the MDW Hi-Res EQ as soon as possible, along with an AAX Native-only version and upgrades to both of these products from comparable legacy versions.

For your information, the version of MDW HI-Res EQ version 5 that had been available for sale is a 32-bit version compatible with Pro Tools 10, and consisting of both AAX DSP and AAX Native versions. The new versions will also have 64-bit capability and will be compatible with Pro Tools 11. Also, there are fixes for both 64-bit and 32-bit versions. While we are doing our best to get everything in place quickly, we do not have a projection as to the timing. As soon as we do, we will reply to this thread immediately.

In the meantime, if you have experienced problems with a copy of MDW Hi-Res EQ that you purchased or attempted to purchase, please contact our Web Store Support team for assistance or—if you wish—a refund.

Those who purchased the 32-bit version of the AAX DSP/Native version of the Plug-In will be able to download and use the 64-bit (including the 32-bit for 10.3.x) upgrade at no additional cost.

Thank you, and please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions or comments. As product manager for the MDW EQ, I apologize for these difficulties and look forward to getting this legendary product back up and ready to sell and support.

Ed Gray
Director, Partnering Programs
Avid

For the latest information and updates, please see the MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ Version 5 FAQ
Old 12-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Default Re: MDW EQ 5 AAX Plug-In: Fix is On the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Posting this info from Avid...

For your information, the version of MDW HI-Res EQ version 5 that had been available for sale is a 32-bit version compatible with Pro Tools 10, and consisting of both AAX DSP and AAX Native versions.

Ed Gray
Director, Partnering Programs
Avid
I don't understand this sentence?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
I don't understand this sentence?

There was a V5 version for sale up until about a month ago that was removed from the AVID store. That version was 32bit AAX, meaning it only worked with PT10, and had both AAX Native and AAX DSP versions, meaning that it would run on HDX DSP cards or on any Native PT10 system as well.

The new version will be 64bit, which is required for it to be able to work in PT11.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 AM

I still need the TDM version. Is there any fix for the problem that the V5 license won't authorize the V3 TDM instances? I know that there's an RTAS version included, but the sessions built with the TDM sessions won't tolerate the extra load on the native side (which I reserved for native only plugs). I use a lot of MDW EQ and to have plenty of TDM horsepower sitting dormant while the host processor is keeling over because all of the MDW EQ inserts have been shifted to native mode is a bit frustrating to say the least. How hard can it be to just leave the TDM license on my ilok or to just include it in the package that is exchanged in the license surrender? Even Waves managed to deal with it and they're not even on ilok anymore.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:10 PM

^^^ ya mon...
Old 01-04-2014, 11:07 AM

Please.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:38 AM

Yeah is the ilok asset issue being looked at for 10 and 11 compatability?

Thanks Ed.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:52 AM

One month gone... still waiting... can someone give an estimate for my most used eq-plugin...

MTRX v.2.4.2.2 + dante card + madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MTRX-II v.1.0.5.2 + TB3 + 1x AD mic 8ch + 1x DA 8ch
+ madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MOM v.1.0.1.4 by DAD

Genelec 1237A Sam, Avantone active mixcubes
LA2a (1968), 1073 pre/eq, Neve RNHP, Wacom Intuos Pro
Furman P1400 AR E Power conditioner

Live-rack:
1x HD Native TB, 4x 192 I/O (64ch AD)
8x Yamaha HA-8 micpre, Rosendahl mif4,
Genelec 1031A, Presonus Monitor Station
Old 01-12-2014, 08:10 AM

This is pretty much my last requirement (and Slate VTM but that is "slated" excuse the bad pun, for January) before moving permanently over to PT 11. This can not come to soon. Any news? It also needs the delay compensation bug fixing. That's a howler.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:47 AM

I'd like to know the distance of the "way". Miles? Inches? A lightyear?