Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-28-2015, 11:30 PM

Default Ilok 2 blue light flash of death

My Ilok2 is flashing it's blue light at me and when it does, my computer doesn't recognize it. When I put it in the freezer for a few minutes, it then works until I completely turn off the computer, then when I turn it back on, it flashes again. Is it about to die? Should I buy a new ilok2 and transfer the authorizations asap?
Old 09-29-2015, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Ilok 2 blue light flash of death

If you are getting it back on for a few minutes, transfer all licences back to your account asap and get a new ilok.
If it's under warranty, send it back to pace and they should replace it for you.
Recommend you get ZDT. Worth the expense when something goes wrong.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:37 AM

Oooooooo ... Get them licenses OFF that ilok A S A P!!! This happened to us a few weeks ago and as I was stupid enough to think " i yea, I'll get the licenses off later as we were using them and a few days later it stopped connecting all together and had to be scrapped.

Our ilok started blinking when connecting and it was hit and miss, sometimes it stopped blinking and just went dark, sometimes it flashed a few seconds, maybe 10-15 seconds then worked for an hour or less and after a few days of on and off it dies a horrid death

Thank GOD for ZDT and we were sorted but the stress was extremely daunting and not what we need trying to make music

Do the transfers and get a new ilok2 bedore it goes all dead.

PS. You can't get ZDT after the fact as it needs to be seen by Ilok Manager when buying ZDT and then there is a cooling off period so act now

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-29-2015, 08:40 AM

Maybe I am paranoid, but I always keep a spare iLok around. So you may want to consider buying 2 iLoks to keep one spare.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyko View Post
Maybe I am paranoid, but I always keep a spare iLok around. So you may want to consider buying 2 iLoks to keep one spare.
This! ^^^
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Apple M1 Max
Memory 64 GB
PreSonus Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt
Old 09-29-2015, 12:19 PM

After purchasing another Ilok 2 and then de-installing and re-installing drivers and freezing the ilok and gingerly sliding it into the USB connector with no luck I just jammed something into the USB connector on the Ilok itself fiddled with it said a silent prayer slid it in and it's still working!!!! I've since moved all the licenses to the new ilok2. PHEW that was scary. But the old on of course is taunting me by continuing to work.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:05 PM

Update. Once I bought the new ilok crammed the string cutter into the USB connector on the end of the defective ilok and successfully got the licensed off of it, the old ilok now works solidly. The old previously malfunctioning ilok.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 AM

Mine started to acting weird and not working from time to time thankfully I was able to transfer all the licenses before it died, but I almost had an anxiety attack during the transfer process. :) Now I always keep a spare one in a drawer.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:32 PM

I have to ask... is putting it in the freezer a known fix for certain iLok issues, or is that just something you do with all your electronics when they're on the fritz?
PT: 12.8 HD - no interface. headphones and ilok.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 PM

Believe it or not, putting it in the freezer is a known temporary fix for the ilok. I discovered it on the internet of all places.