Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-12-2002, 10:40 AM

Default new feature requests! (again)

this may well be a little presumptuous but i know an updated release of ProTools LE for Windows XP is in the wings so it might be time to think of some serious new or improved across the board feature requests.

for what it’s worth, here’re mine:
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ability to switch send meters pre/post fader independent of the main pre/post fade metering option.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ability to seperately group send faders
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">option to choose weather or not you want to import the track’s automation data (as part of Import Track)
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ability to import mixer settings, similar to or perhaps an added option to the Import Track feature, from another session in full or just single, selectable components of the channel strip and lay them over existing tracks. this would be useful for people mixing entirely 'in the box' and would make it easier to implement late changes across different sessions from the same project.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">your critique is most welcome
~matt
Old 04-12-2002, 11:32 AM

Default Re: new feature requests! (again)

"ability to group send faders"

Why not a flip mode for the faders where we could set the large faders to either sends or track mode like you can on a digital console - when flipped the group box should be swapped for displaying the selected mode faders' groups.

For example, when the large faders are contolling the track faders - the group window will display the track mix groups as it does now, but when you flip to Send A then the group window shows groups for Send A.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-12-2002, 02:48 PM

you can group send faders and send mutes in the prefs.
Old 04-13-2002, 08:25 AM

Plase let me lock markers to regions so that they will move with my edits in shuffle mode.

please?

can anyone hear me?

...hello?
Old 04-13-2002, 10:31 AM

please add professional midi and a useable conductor track
Old 04-13-2002, 10:46 AM

I found Protools and Adobe's Photoshop have a lot in common. i.e. multiple layers and flatten image(bounce to disk)

I would love to see Protools incorporate a history palette, as well as, the ability to change the opacity of a sound clip so I can quickly eye it up and drop it over an existing piece of audio.

I work with some people that can’t play to or just don’t want to play to clicks. So I spend a lot of time finagling, vocal phrases to fit a slightly different tempo. An overlay, onionskin type feature would be cool for me. I would love to be able to time compress/expand the top layer to line up with the underlying layer.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guruman:
Plase let me lock markers to regions so that they will move with my edits in shuffle mode.

please?

can anyone hear me?

...hello?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, you can already do this, it's kind of a pain but you need to shift click the marker area along with the audio in your edit. If you do this, when you make your edit the markers will move with the audio in shuffle mode. I think there should be a way to group the marker strip with audio tracks so you have the ability to select your audio and the marker area with one click.
Old 04-13-2002, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guruman:

please?

can anyone hear me?

...hello?
Old 04-13-2002, 10:54 PM

1) Operations -> Scroll Options

There's gotta be a better way of toggling between these modes...and, there's gotta be a way to toggle between these modes while tracks are playing back.

2) Windows -> Show Big Counter

Why can't the information displayed here be independant of what the "main time-line selection" displays? I'd like it to show SMPTE in the Big Counter yet have my main time-line set to Bars & Beats.

3) When scrolling up/down in the edit window to view other tracks, the Mix window should follow this scrolling when I switch to it.

4) I'd like to see an option to "colour-code tracks according to output assignment."

5) A smart tool that doesn't also have the fade/x-fade tool included. (Preferences -> Operations: "Smart Tool includes fade/x-fade tool.")

6) Displays -> Transport Window Shows

Why can't these options be included on a pop-up menu on the Transport itself?

7) Customizeable key-commands

8) Undo history list.

9) more Track Groups...26 isn't enough.

Also, at 1280x1024, there's a big grey area of unused screen real estate that could be used for something.

I got more... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2002, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert U:
Multiple mixer windows. Would be nice to see the whole mix. This function is already incorporated in Cubase. -Robert
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can do this with Memory Locations -> Show/Hide tracks.