Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Default Re: AAE's memory is running low. Please try to increase AAE's preferred size ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy1012 View Post
Pro tools 11, it won't let me open the app. I downloaded it from the dropbox and tried opening it, but it opens then straight away closes.
Weird, I've test it and is working.

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 08-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Default Re: AAE's memory is running low. Please try to increase AAE's preferred size ?

Quote:
Pro tools 11, it won't let me open the app. I downloaded it from the dropbox and tried opening it, but it opens then straight away closes.
Scratch that, i got it working. Thanks Marco Bernardo!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
Weird, I've test it and is working.
One last question, i've set up a bus send as the site indicated : http://www.protoolsproduction.com/busses/ , i was just wondering how i can adjust the amount of reverb going into each track, would i have to send the vocal tracks to the aux instead of from the i/o and then use the fader ? (i have tried it and no reverb came through, but it showed the volume of the overall track).
Old 08-16-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
One last question, i've set up a bus send as the site indicated : http://www.protoolsproduction.com/busses/ , i was just wondering how i can adjust the amount of reverb going into each track, would i have to send the vocal tracks to the aux instead of from the i/o and then use the fader ? (i have tried it and no reverb came through, but it showed the volume of the overall track).
you have xxx audio track, each one have a send, right? from A to E and F to J.

IN each audio track that needs the reverb, choose a bus ex: Bus 1-2

Create a new track, choose auxiliary track, go to the input of that track and choose Bus 1-2, in this auxiliar track insert in the first slot the Dverb plug-in.

Each track that you choose to insert the bus 1-2 as a small fader, just adjust to your taste!

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 08-16-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
you have xxx audio track, each one have a send, right? from A to E and F to J.

IN each audio track that needs the reverb, choose a bus ex: Bus 1-2

Create a new track, choose auxiliary track, go to the input of that track and choose Bus 1-2, in this auxiliar track insert in the first slot the Dverb plug-in.

Each track that you choose to insert the bus 1-2 as a small fader, just adjust to your taste!
got it working, thanks man!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
got it working, thanks man!
Wait, still isn't working It works for my vocals perfectly, i've assigned a seperate aux which and Bus is feeding the vox tracks to the aux and getting reverb. My drum tracks on the otherhand aren't getting any reverb even though there is signal in the send fader and show signal in the aux fader as well, i've set the output as 1-2 (same as everything else) and everything else is pretty much exactly the same as the vocals i/o, could it be that the vocals i/o is bus 3-4 and the drums is 9-10 or is it not just not possible to route a 2nd reverb by itself ?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Wait, still isn't working It works for my vocals perfectly, i've assigned a seperate aux which and Bus is feeding the vox tracks to the aux and getting reverb. My drum tracks on the otherhand aren't getting any reverb even though there is signal in the send fader and show signal in the aux fader as well, i've set the output as 1-2 (same as everything else) and everything else is pretty much exactly the same as the vocals i/o, could it be that the vocals i/o is bus 3-4 and the drums is 9-10 or is it not just not possible to route a 2nd reverb by itself ?
Did you make another auxiliary track for bus 9-10 with another reverb (setting)?

Don't get me wrong, but you need to learn the 101 Pro tools manual mate!

You don't build an house without studying first!

Regards,

Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Did you make another auxiliary track for bus 9-10 with another reverb (setting)?

Don't get me wrong, but you need to learn the 101 Pro tools manual mate!

You don't build an house without studying first!

Regards,
Yeah, i used a different reverb setting, and it was a different track. Yeah, think i might just read the manual, would probably help me down the road as well.
Cheers man
Old 08-17-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Hi Marco,
Where did you get that Dropbox link? That's an older version of my Prefs and Database helper. The current link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7szj1osbe...PT%20Prefs.zip

Pete
Old 08-17-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Hi Marco,
Where did you get that Dropbox link? That's an older version of my Prefs and Database helper. The current link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7szj1osbe...PT%20Prefs.zip

Pete
Hi Pete, the link is mine, but i did get this app from a link of protools-expert.com (old airuserblog)

Thank for the new one!

Regards,