Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Default Re: DUY AAX Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
Truth is I have NEVER received a reply for any issues.

I had the PPC version of several of their plugs and a year ago I needed the Intel versions and no matter what I tried, no response. I gave up and don't use the expensive but worthless plugins that I had before.

Oliver, it's not about slow support. It's about NO support. The DUY problem has been discussed on the DUC for several years, not weeks.

Even their website is misleading claiming you can purchase AAX DSP versions which are in fact nowhere to be found.
Gotcha Cliffy Boy, I would be upset as well. My DUY experience is different though. I confess they should start to react some way or the other now giving that so much users are... erm pissed...
Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM

Red face Re: DUY AAX Plugs

I' ve got one native AAX pluging from them one the bright side if there is one..
Z-room came out for free
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
Truth is I have NEVER received a reply for any issues.

I had the PPC version of several of their plugs and a year ago I needed the Intel versions and no matter what I tried, no response. I gave up and don't use the expensive but worthless plugins that I had before.

Oliver, it's not about slow support. It's about NO support. The DUY problem has been discussed on the DUC for several years, not weeks.

Even their website is misleading claiming you can purchase AAX DSP versions which are in fact nowhere to be found.
+1 I've had nothing either I wanted to upgrade my native to TDM and I've had no reply I've given up!!!!!!

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 08-28-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
You obviously run a perfect business having someone to replace you at your company with a finger snap, great for you really.

Can you imagine someone running a one to two men operation? Your expectations are pretty high, so I wonder if you can even imagine how it is running a small company.
DUY is not Waves with dozens of employees working for them.

So you are waiting for a reply in order to update to AAX? What forces them to fulfill your needs on a timeframe you demand for? As it stands they announced AAX updates and don't respond. Wow, lets sue them for not responding.

You know, I am not affiliated with DUY in any way but seriously, I have no understanding for this sort of rant and your efforts to convince Avid to revoke an SDK.
It does take planning and sometime hiring someone outside of your usual pool, but if you are doing your things right and you really care about your customers, you will take every step that needs to be taken ahead of time to plan. No if buts or anything. It may take a few days a week even, but the soonest you act the lesser the delay will be. Certainly not months and years.

Wave-T.com
Old 08-29-2012, 11:48 AM

I know this is a bit off topic, but patch manager has ceased to work since I switched to 10.7. Anybody had any luck in getting that to work again?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
You obviously run a perfect business having someone to replace you at your company with a finger snap, great for you really.

Can you imagine someone running a one to two men operation? Your expectations are pretty high, so I wonder if you can even imagine how it is running a small company.
DUY is not Waves with dozens of employees working for them.

So you are waiting for a reply in order to update to AAX? What forces them to fulfill your needs on a timeframe you demand for? As it stands they announced AAX updates and don't respond. Wow, lets sue them for not responding.

You know, I am not affiliated with DUY in any way but seriously, I have no understanding for this sort of rant and your efforts to convince Avid to revoke an SDK.
I think Avid should deal with it harshly! At some point these plugins will stop working, and represent a significant PITA to anyone trying to upgrade and still have access to legacy sessions. I went through this same sort of debacle with Mezzo by Grey Matter Response (but it was worse). They could have saved many people a lot of pain if they had just given everyone a heads up about discontinuing development.
DUY need to state their intentions on the matter, or just give some news.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM

Geez... I hope they are okay. Seems kinda ridiculous at this point to not be responding to our emails. I've been waiting patiently for DaD Valve & DaD Tape AAX but now I am actually worried something might have happened.
Anybody know how to find a phone number for them?

Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.10 - macOS Big Sur 11.6
10 Core iMac Pro
64GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB
UA Apollo x8
Old 08-30-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretfingers View Post
Geez... I hope they are okay. Seems kinda ridiculous at this point to not be responding to our emails. I've been waiting patiently for DaD Valve & DaD Tape AAX but now I am actually worried something might have happened.
Anybody know how to find a phone number for them?
They don't answer the phones either I've tried several times :-(

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 AM

Yes I've tried calling them as well without any success. I am only thankful that I posted an inquiry thread about DUY on DUC before I actually made a purchase. I was warned so I wrote a couple of e-mails and tried calling. Received no reply whatsoever (and have decided to stop making any investments with them). So I am sorry if this seems like a witch hunt but I agree with the fact that Avid should aggressively step in and sort the issue with DUY and if that means revoking the AAX SDK then so be it. What DUY is doing is misleading and quite illegal as well...selling something that is clearly not available...this is something not to be played with.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:20 PM

A little research on the web indicates that Xavier may be doing some acoustic engineering consulting in Perth, Australia as of about November 2011. I sent an e-mail to the company he might be working for asking them to forward my e-mail to him. May or may not work.

Anyway, I hope nothing is seriously wrong in his life. My prior 5 years experience with DUY has been very, very good. Not at all like what seems to have happened over the past 6-8 months or so.

Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.10, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .