Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2015, 04:18 AM

Default Pro Tools remembering Impulse Response Locations (Waves IR1)

Hi guys,
I've recently moved back to Pro Tools from Logic (I used to use Pro Tools religiously for years) and I'm having a few teething problems, which I'm hoping you might be able to shed some light on.

This could be more of a Waves issue, so forgive me if it is, but I'm not too sure where the problem lies.

I used Waves IR-1, a convolution reverb plugin, for my reverb. The impulse responses are stored within the Waves IR-1 folder and are inputted in the plugin.

The problem is; every time I load up a Pro Tools session with this plugin in, Pro Tools has to ask me every single time where these IR's are and I need to point it each time. With Logic, once you've done it once it then learns and doesn't ask again.

Is this a Waves or a Pro Tools problem? Does anyone have any idea?

Cheers!

James Arter Music
www.jamesarter.com

Soundcloud
http://www.soundcloud.com/happybunnyproductions
Old 02-28-2015, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools remembering Impulse Response Locations (Waves IR1)

I suspect its a Waves problem, but..having said that, is IR1 constantly looking at the same default(but incorrect) place? If it is, can you relocate or copy your IR's to that location(yes, I realize this is admitting "defeat", but if it works.....). I went thru a similar issue every time I opened a session that was started on my partner's rig with NI Kontact plugins. Despite me linking the libraries multiple times, to my samples drive(drive S:), they would insist on looking for his samples drive(drive F:). My solution, move my samples to drive F:

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave