Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Avid

Default Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Old 03-06-2017, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Hi, I'm the New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Hello Mr. Eddie Jones... thank the Lord for finally hearing from someone from Avid after the community has had no communication for such a long time.

We wish you the best... we really do. A lot of users just continually feel alienated by Avid's behavior and inability to truly listen to their pro users in Post.

Here's a video showcasing a very frustrating bug with the DOCK which occurs all day every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMT...ature=youtu.be

Here is also the thread which shows others having the same issue... as well as many other dock users in general commenting to me they have the same frustrating issue.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388036
Old 03-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Avid

Thanks for the video, its worth a thousand words ! We'll look at this today and get back to you. Eddie
Old 03-07-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Hi

Eddie Jones
Hi Eddie, It's encouraging to finally hear something from AVID in very long time. I also have posted a video reviewing the dock and explaining some of my frustrations. This Dock as the potential to be an amazing tool if AVID would just squash the bugs and listen to it's pro users... Please review this as well. I'd love to do a follow up on this proclaiming that AVID has addressed the issues... Ball's in AVID's court...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpagO5GXi8

Here is my original thread.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389215
Old 03-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Avid

I'll watch this tonight when I get home. Thanks
Old 03-07-2017, 09:07 PM

Hey Eddie; thanks for taking the time to connect with customers! Also I love Avid control surfaces; you guys are doing a great job.

I have one question though; as a S3 and Dock user I really would like to see EQ and Dynamics curves on the Pro Tools | Control display. You showed this functionality (EQ anyway) in promotional materials; why don't we have this yet? If it's not available because Avid doesn't want to give that away for free as part of the Control app maybe you could make that feature only be activated on the Control app when you simultaneously have an active Dock and/or S3 in Eucon?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
Hi Eddie, It's encouraging to finally hear something from AVID in very long time. I also have posted a video reviewing the dock and explaining some of my frustrations. This Dock as the potential to be an amazing tool if AVID would just squash the bugs and listen to it's pro users... Please review this as well. I'd love to do a follow up on this proclaiming that AVID has addressed the issues... Ball's in AVID's court...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpagO5GXi8

Here is my original thread.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389215
Nice video ! There's not much we can do about the power switch but hopefully you will find the new knob ballistics a great improvement. I am looking at extending the monitoring capabilities of the Dock so will take into consideration your suggestion about the knob being assignable. As for the EQ/DYN graphs on the Control App...I too didn't realize they didn't make it. It is something I think should be done though but I can't promise a time scale yet.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Nice video ! There's not much we can do about the power switch but hopefully you will find the new knob ballistics a great improvement. I am looking at extending the monitoring capabilities of the Dock so will take into consideration your suggestion about the knob being assignable. As for the EQ/DYN graphs on the Control App...I too didn't realize they didn't make it. It is something I think should be done though but I can't promise a time scale yet.
Hi Eddie, thanks for taking the time to watch the video. I hope you can take some of the suggestions back to the team for consideration. I'm curious about your statement about the knob ballistics... does that mean AVID is addressing the non-linearity? -- cause that would be a huge step in the right direction.

As I mentioned the dock has the potential to truly be a much better tool. Please give me something to make an updated video about.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Avid

Yes the next release in April has the knobs fixed.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Hi Eddie.

I'm currently using a D-Command with an XMon at home. I have an S3 and Dock and am considering replacing the D-Command. I see that you mention improving the monitoring capabilities. This is what's currently stopping me from switching. I have an S6 at my studio with an XMon and the implementation works ok, not great, but well enough until I upgrade to the MTRX. My question is if I switch to the S3 Dock combo will I have similar monitoring facilities to the D-Command?