Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2004, 01:46 PM

Default My computer keep\'s on RESTARTING when...

Hi,
I just got my computer from digi repair. I read the letter they sent my about what they repaired...uhhh... it seems like my digi002 was a HUGE case.
Anyway, i connected my digi002 and now whenever I close an application that uses the digi002 my computer restarts. When I open PTLE everything goes well while staring the app but as soon as I open any session my computer restarts. Also, when I opened Reason, when the preferences to set up my audio card when I choose digi002 Asio driver it loads ok, but as soon I a switch the freqency "thing" from 44.1khz to 96khz my computer restarts.
Please if anybody had this problem help out here. I should also let you know that while my digi002 was being repaired i installed the Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Proffesional.
PEACE
Old 05-02-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Re: My computer keep\'s on RESTARTING when...

bump
Old 05-02-2004, 04:44 PM

bump pleeeeeeezeeeee heeeeelp
Old 05-02-2004, 05:50 PM

Quote:
bump pleeeeeeezeeeee heeeeelp
Give it back and ask them to fix it properly.

Best regards,

Haigbabe
Old 05-02-2004, 06:24 PM

-check your Power options in Control Panle and see if some is causing a restart
-check msconfig ( Run-msconfig) and see if you have any applications running that could cause a reboot
-update and reflash your BIOS
-Once you're in the BIOS screen, check if there are any unread messages that may help
and last but definitely not least...

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer - System and souble click all suspicious events and they should tell you what's going on.

And then send back the system
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 05-02-2004, 06:33 PM

BINGO!!! Ding Ding! We have a WINNER!

Send it back to them, and tell them to take that SP2 [bleep] off.. That is what killed my rig two weeks ago when the BETA SP2 was out. SP2 is NOT out yet, so they installed the BETA! My Pro Tools box did the same damn thing. Blue Screen whenever I opened a session, opened Windows Media, etc. It is not right yet and I had to FORMAT my box, reinstall XP and set it all back up. Runs better, but it was a pain in the butt to go through all the registartion stuff.

Sorry man, that is what killed my box too. It was the only thing that I could isolate!

Hate to tell ya, but you are going to have to rebuild it. I could not figure out a way to uninstall that service pack, and going back to reload a previos backup still had remenent drivers that affected the box. Save all your session data (if not already) to another drive. Get all your REG numbers, and start to now... FORMAT and start from scratch!

Sorry man, it sucks!

- Doc

P.S. Here was my original post 2 weeks ago...

SP2 KILLED MY BOX!

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 05-02-2004, 08:16 PM

Before reformatting the whoel schebang do the following:

rightclick "my computer" adn choose properties. Go to the advanced tab and choose settings for "system and recovery". Now deselct the "automatic restart" under system failure.

Now instead of rebooting the machine will give you the good odl familiar blue screen of death. In there will be a hint of what is causing the hickups.

As an advice for next time. Make a ghost of your system drive before installing anything like a service pack (especially a beta!). In this way it takes only 20 min. to get a full system up and running. You can use Norton Ghost for this.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:23 PM

hi,
thanx 4 the replyes but last today I had a session to record so last night I stayed up till 3 and finaly did it.
Yes it was the damn SP2. but I found out how to uninstall it. I'll even post it here.
Just open the Add/Remove Application from your control panel then you have a check box on top of the list (but not in the list, on top of it) saying something like "Show Updates". Check that box and BOW you have the Windows Updates.
Remove it, restart your computer and your back on your feet. Man, my computer works even better without that crap of service pack.
PEACE and hope this will help you 2.