Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Can Cubase 4 use Protools HD hardware and the 192 IO???

Brethren,

Anyone out there who has managed to use Cubase 4 with HD cards and a 192 IO. Is it even possible? How would one configure to use as such?

Help me.

Faisal.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Can Cubase 4 use Protools HD hardware and the 192 IO???

you can only use the in and outs but no tdm hardware (cards) ,
the inputs and outputs
are limited to 8 ins and 8 outs.

regards
Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 AM

How would I manage to use configure and use the inputs and outputs.

Faisal.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 AM

I think you can use what ever software you choose with ProTools hardware. Like said before you wont be able to use the TDM that uses the PCI cards for processing plugins. I've used Cubase SX on both Mix system and Digi 002 without any problem. I am a former Cubase user for many years with alot of projects recorded in that platform before switching to ProTools and I realy don't have the time to take all the projects into Protools so I use both, but I don't record anything through Cubase anymore that's because of the TDM environment.

My experience using Cubase with ProTools hardware is very simple, I had to switch on the Protools hardware BEFORE starting up the computer, otherwise the Protools driver didn't show up as an option in Cubase and other 3 party software...(I have no idea why that is?) then you'll need to configure the ASIO driver in Cubase and set it to Digidesign Asio Driver which you must have installed and you're ready to go.

If you want to use Cubase instead of ProTools, you could alway's get yourself a TC- Powercore (just put that in search in "google") to run plugins that don't affect the computer processing power.

I also needed to download on the Digi MME Helper which you can find on the Digidesign/support page, Digi MME Helper version 1.2 adds support drag and drop functionality - users can simply drag programs and shortcuts from the start menu, the desktop and explorer and drop them in the list then press update. That way you can use other 3 party software as jukebox, wavelab's or what ever you want that need's Digidesign Asio driver.

P.S. I'm using a PC computer and my experience is based on that.

Hope this helps