How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 10.3 vienna ensemble pro 5 midi problem

Hi guys!

It's working now! Three instances (64 bit) on slave machine. Your help was incredible. I'd spent a couple very valuable days trying to figure it out & getting nowhere. Kontakt is one of the most inscrutable pieces of software ever invented. I finally had good luck using the Batch option of deleting all settings and creating a separate out for each instrument. Once I did that the logic of the Kontakt programmers became somewhat clear. Still had the Surr1 business. Why can't they just make regular old outputs? Anyhow, problem solved and thanks so much for the incredible

I'm going to write the folks at Fable Sounds and encourage them to make a stand alone plug in that avoids Kontakt altogether.

It is, btw, an AMAZING library. The horns and very abundant articulations are astounding. Sound much more real than even their demos on their site. The drum library is incredible too - with brushes doing the 'scrambled eggs' - something I've been looking for for a while. At $2,300 it's ugly expensive, but well worth it.

Anyhow, thanks again and again. I'd still be pulling my hair out if not for your excellent help.

Richard
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 AM

Oops! 'Thanks so much for the incredible (missing word-) HELP'

It's early.
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswing View Post
Hi guys!

It's working now! Three instances (64 bit) on slave machine. Your help was incredible. I'd spent a couple very valuable days trying to figure it out & getting nowhere. Kontakt is one of the most inscrutable pieces of software ever invented. I finally had good luck using the Batch option of deleting all settings and creating a separate out for each instrument. Once I did that the logic of the Kontakt programmers became somewhat clear. Still had the Surr1 business. Why can't they just make regular old outputs? Anyhow, problem solved and thanks so much for the incredible
You don't need to use the surround outputs in the Kontakt mixer if that's what you are talking about to get 16 stereo pairs. Have you tried posting over on the NI forums asking about help with this? There's people there a LOT more knowledgeable there that can help you - you just have to ask.

QAPLA!