Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Bus Track bug in 7.2???

OK, I have a new bug to report on my Shane Quad Hybrid (PT HD 7.2).

When mixing, I set up bussing of all of my drum tracks to a stereo bus (bus 1&2). The bus track works fine and "sees" the individual drum tracks). I then add an SSL plugin (or a McDSP Filter plugin) and save the session.

If I then import session data (plugins and bus assignments) from another session into a new session, all the bus tracks that have plugins on them have to have the plugins removed and reinstated in order for the bus tracks to receive the inputs from the drum tracks.

I wonder if this is a plugin bug or PT 7.2 bug. Can someone please try this and see if you get the same error?

I am only using Digirack plugins plus the ones that came with PT 7.2 Plugin bundle plus Waves 5.x for 7.0 PT versions. No VST wrappers and no bogus plugins (although I DO have Autotune 4.39 installed but not being used).

Not to mention the fact that Autotune 4.0 is buggy as hell in PT. It seems to work ok with one instance but with multiple instances of Autotune, I get the Windows error message "The program needs to terminate...etc"). I think this is a separate issue, but I will try removing Autotune entirely and see if the bus error happens again.

Anyone else able to check this bug out on their systems and report back?

Thanks in advance

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Bus Track bug in 7.2???

Quote:
OK, I have a new bug to report on my Shane Quad Hybrid (PT HD 7.2).

When mixing, I set up bussing of all of my drum tracks to a stereo bus (bus 1&2). The bus track works fine and "sees" the individual drum tracks). I then add an SSL plugin (or a McDSP Filter plugin) and save the session.

If I then import session data (plugins and bus assignments) from another session into a new session, all the bus tracks that have plugins on them have to have the plugins removed and reinstated in order for the bus tracks to receive the inputs from the drum tracks.

I wonder if this is a plugin bug or PT 7.2 bug. Can someone please try this and see if you get the same error?
This has been around for quite awhile. There were two old threads on this that I recall with a response from Digi. They confirmed the 'buss drop outs' at Digi on one of the old threads.

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that Autotune 4.0 is buggy as hell in PT. It seems to work ok with one instance but with multiple instances of Autotune, I get the Windows error message "The program needs to terminate...etc"). I think this is a separate issue, but I will try removing Autotune entirely and see if the bus error happens again.

Anyone else able to check this bug out on their systems and report back?

Thanks in advance

Thanks.
AT 4.39 will crash your Quad every now and then. All the Quad guys have confirmed this.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-18-2006, 08:25 PM

Here is an older thread regarding the RTAS drop outs.

And a reply by Digi from another thread.

My workaround solution has been to select all the tracks in the session, make them inactive, and then make them active again.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 AM

Thanks Shane. By the way, this is NOT a bug in OSX Protools. One of my engineers was going nuts this weekend with this bug...swearing that it NEVER happens on his Mac. Has anyone confirmed that this is a Windows problem?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks Shane. By the way, this is NOT a bug in OSX Protools. One of my engineers was going nuts this weekend with this bug...swearing that it NEVER happens on his Mac. Has anyone confirmed that this is a Windows problem?
The most people who have reported this problem are using OSX. Those threads I linked to are TDM posts for Mac. This doesnt happen to everyone.

You, me and Bodie have spotted this on Windows. Digi has duplicated the problem.

Shane