Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2018, 05:03 PM

Default Can't get Pro Tools to recognise Positive Grid plug-ins

I have a few plug-ins - some Bias plug-ins and some compressors and reverbs, all from Positive Grid - that Pro Tools just won't recognise. The .aax file/folder things are there in the right folder, alongside a bunch of plug-ins that PT *does* recognise, but they icons are folders rather than plug-ins.

I've also been experimenting with Ableton 9 (I'm new to DAWs and haven't settled on one yet), and that recognises them no bother. They also work in their self-standing apps. So the problem definitely isn't with the plug-ins.

I've reinstalled the plug-ins, restarted the computer, tried renaming things and copy-pasting the .dlls over to the folder, etc., without any luck. And I've searched all over the internet without any luck. Also, I have the x64 versions of the plug-ins, so that shouldn't be an issue either. I don't have enough DAW nous to work it out further myself, so thanks in advance for the help!

James

Specs:
HP Pavilion gaming laptop (8Gb RAM, quadcore)
Windows 10
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Pro Tools | First 12.8.2

Last edited by jamescamien; 01-11-2018 at 04:19 AM.