Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2016, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan

I had the same issue. I just recently updated my back book to sierra now I'm not able to change my I/O in Pro Tools 11.1.1 can anyone assist me?
Old 12-17-2016, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justiceb707 View Post
I had the same issue. I just recently updated my back book to sierra now I'm not able to change my I/O in Pro Tools 11.1.1 can anyone assist me?
Did you not check the compatibility page BEFORE you went to Sierra? PT11 is not now, and never will be, compatible with Sierra. You have two options - either backdate to an OSX version that will work with your PT11 version or go to PT12.

QAPLA!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:03 PM

Can someone tell me what to do if pro tools cd doesn't recognize on my iMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2017, 12:20 PM

Default Can't import audio into Pro Tools 11?

Hi guys,

Relatively fresh to Pro Tools (used it a bit during my Music Tech degree, but mainly kept to Logic) and i'm trying to move over and gather skills in multiple DAWs. However, whenever i'm in a project and I go to import audio (using the command, shift & I shortcut) it simply won't load audio into the main project window. It comes up with this error message:
"Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559."

Any ideas on what this problem could be? Running PT11.3.1 if that is any help

Thanks,
Aidan.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:21 AM

Default Cant import audio (Error Message)

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/148093/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559.

I just downloaded Protools 11 ...And installed it ...And I get this message when trying too import audio .... Also non of my plugins load ...I can see them but nothing happens when I try and put them on a track.

I also notice on the mixer screen non of the faders move when I click on them.... I have downloaded the PT Prefs app and zapped everything but it is still the same ....Any help Please

Macbook Pro 15"
Sierra 10.12.5
Focusrite
2 GHz Intel i7
16gig Ram
Protools 11 Version 11.3.0
BiographyEdit Value

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 07-27-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Merged with existing thread.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Avid

Post Re: Cant import audio (Error Message)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotteted View Post
Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/148093/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559.

I just downloaded Protools 11 ...And installed it ...And I get this message when trying too import audio .... Also non of my plugins load ...I can see them but nothing happens when I try and put them on a track.

I also notice on the mixer screen non of the faders move when I click on them.... I have downloaded the PT Prefs app and zapped everything but it is still the same ....Any help Please

Macbook Pro 15"
Sierra 10.12.5
Focusrite
2 GHz Intel i7
16gig Ram
Protools 11 Version 11.3.0
BiographyEdit Value
Hello Ayotteted,

Pro Tools 11 was not qualified beyond Mac OS X 10.10.5, and this is a known limitation on newer operating systems. Please see http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...tibility-Chart

An upgrade from Pro Tools 11 is available at https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...?sku=DYNA20008

Best regards,
JC
Old 07-27-2017, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Importing Audio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pool View Post
You may need to upgrade Pro Tools to version 12. Pro Tools 11 isn't compatible with El Capitan.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...tibility-Chart
So I will have to upgrade to 12 ? ...What was the point of letting people download a demo version that will not work with my Operating system on my Mac ....And no option to demo 12 ...... Useless waste of time
Old 07-30-2017, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio into Pro Tools 11?

To my knowledge protools doesnt import on this version of you have to grab whatever it is that you want to work on and drop it directly into your session (drag and drop) Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Importing Audio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotteted View Post
So I will have to upgrade to 12 ? ...What was the point of letting people download a demo version that will not work with my Operating system on my Mac ....And no option to demo 12 ...... Useless waste of time
How is a web page supposed to know what operating system you're going to run PT on? You could have multiple Macs running different OSX versions - how's Avid to know which you're going to use? Take me for instance - the Mac I do internet & Photoshop on runs Snow Leopard and my daw iMac runs Mavericks. How would Avid know which machine is going to have PT installed on it?

You have no one to blame but yourself; should have checked the compatibility charts first.

QAPLA!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio into Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanavey View Post
Hi guys,

Relatively fresh to Pro Tools (used it a bit during my Music Tech degree, but mainly kept to Logic) and i'm trying to move over and gather skills in multiple DAWs. However, whenever i'm in a project and I go to import audio (using the command, shift & I shortcut) it simply won't load audio into the main project window. It comes up with this error message:
"Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 559."

Any ideas on what this problem could be? Running PT11.3.1 if that is any help

Thanks,
Aidan.
What version of OSX are you using? If Sierra then things wont' work. You'll either have to move to PT12 or downgrade your OSX version if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta.oliver View Post
To my knowledge protools doesnt import on this version of you have to grab whatever it is that you want to work on and drop it directly into your session (drag and drop) Hope this helps.
Dangerous and wrong info. There isn't a PT version that won't import audio providing one is running a compatible operating system

QAPLA!