How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 06-30-2017, 11:28 AM

Default Re: AIR Mini Grand: no 'long' sound, just short notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
Jeffro, can you confirm that the 12.0.2 update (through Application Manager last week) is the current First AIR Instruments version for Windows? And that the 12.5 bundle is Mac only... am I reading that right?
Correct. The current AIR Instruments Bundle installers are 12.0.2 for Windows and 12.5.1 for Mac.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Did 12.8 fix Mini Grand too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
So you now have Mini Grand 1.2.10.82e5fd3 installed and working properly?
Yes I do, thank you for the followup!

Sound Engineer | Non-Avid Employee
Old 07-29-2017, 09:02 PM

Yeaaaaa... tried to get tech support to help stop my Application Manager from spinning forever and they basically gave up.. The app doesn't let me log in....and the only way to update the plug ins right now is through the app man? Makes no sense...

The tech support email basically ended by him saying I needed to pay to get a support code and have someone screen share my computer and fix the problem for me. AVIIIIDDDDDDDD, I've been using Pro Tools for 12 years and I have to pay to get some support? crazy.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:08 AM

Same boat. Can't find a download on the general Avid site, it's not in my account, and App Man doesn't prompt for the update. Can't see how to send Avid support a simple e-mail about this.

What gives???
Old 08-20-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Correct. The current AIR Instruments Bundle installers are 12.0.2 for Windows and 12.5.1 for Mac.
Where can we download AIR Instruments Bundle 12.5.1 installer for mac?
Old 08-20-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
The fix went out two weeks ago via the application manager. First AIR Instruments Bundle 12.5.1
Is there somewhere else to download it from?

Application Manager is a POS, it doesn't work through our institution's network proxy/firewall.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:59 AM

I had NEVER heard of this problem until I just setup a new machine and installed everything (current installers) from my AVID account.

Long story short, the installers in Avid accounts haven't been changed. Downloading the update from Application Manager now.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:21 PM

The Instruments 12.5.1 Mac installer has been available through Application Manager and more recently we have been adding it into my.avid.com/products so you should be able to update from either one. If you don't see it in your Avid account, please reply with your specific product's name (listed in the purple bar in your products). Thanks.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
The Instruments 12.5.1 Mac installer has been available through Application Manager and more recently we have been adding it into my.avid.com/products so you should be able to update from either one. If you don't see it in your Avid account, please reply with your specific product's name (listed in the purple bar in your products). Thanks.
Like I said, I was setting up a new machine so I did all fresh downloads from my "Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan" product October 9th, 2017. I just saw this forum topic updated and checked and 12.5.1 is there now. I missed it by a couple days ... Gad!

If I would have set up the machine later, I would have never known this problem ever existed. Part of my install process is to load up all vanilla Pro Tools stuff and run the demo sessions through. "The Legion", "Audrey Sessions - Turn Me Off" and "Kelly Malone - Earth and Stars" ... If everything works, I proceed with installing all of my 3rd party plugins.

If I didn't notice the last note in The Legion wasn't held, again, I wouldn't have known - so there's something to be said for my process. I'm just happy there was an almost immediate solution (well, after Googling an reading many pages in this thread).

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
hi jeffro, thanks for the info. i'm not finding it in my Avid account. my product name is "Annual Upgrade Plan for Pro Tools".

~peter
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies