How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 AM

Location: 50A High Street Colliers Wood, Colliers Wood, London, SW19 2BY
Default "DYN" turns dark blue when opening a session

Hi!

When I open (often older and bigger sessions) my PT11 freezes and the little Dyn box turns dark blue. I have tried to change my I/O setups with no result. The only way to open the session again is to create a new session and import all the audio one by one.

Does anyone have another solution for this problem?

Kind regard, Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 16.14.51.jpg (67.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2016, 06:40 AM

Default Re: "DYN" turns dark blue when opening a session

Hey man,
I have the same issue. It's so frustrating and I haven't found what the issue is yet, but I have a better workaround than what you said you were doing. What I've found for me is that if I hold shift when I click to open my session it will bypass all of my plugins and that allows for my session to actually open. The issue then lies in that you have to then un-bypass all plugins in your session. I think it maybe be due to a rogue plugin causing the problem, because bypassing them allows it to open. Not sure how to go about finding which plugin is causing the issue, though. Hope this helps you.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:38 AM

Try Windows... Try bootcamp
Try 12.3.1
Try 10.3.10

What do you mean by older?
Old 05-10-2018, 04:33 PM

same problem here, but what (perhaps) you dont know is that if you wait enough time, the session opens. i need help. nobody knows the reason:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...87#post2487887

same discussion in this post
Old 05-10-2018, 04:39 PM

hey guys, the trick of opening the session with all the plugins unactive, (holding shift while double click on the session) it works, it must be a plugins issue.

i suspect it could be amplitube, do you guys, had amplitube in that sessions?
Old 05-11-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofeeling View Post
hey guys, the trick of opening the session with all the plugins unactive, (holding shift while double click on the session) it works, it must be a plugins issue.

i suspect it could be amplitube, do you guys, had amplitube in that sessions?
I get it when I sometimes open older sessions that were done with older versions of plugins that now have newer versions. For example a session that had Amplitube 3 on an insert and I now have Amplitube 4; same thing with Sampletank 2.x which is now at Sampletank 3.x so yeah - IK products can trigger this. Even some of IK's effects plugins will cause this problem as well.

And every once in a while if I open a PT10 session in PT11.3.2 I'll have this issue. Remember that PT was the first to use aax plugins but the 32 bit versions. PT11 uses aax64 plugin versions.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 05-11-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 05-11-2018, 05:22 AM

THANKS DUDE

i was thinking that was amplitube, because it maybe was the only thing that changed in the session from the moment that i did have no issues, to the point i was having this fkng sht. In the past , the sessions that had the same problem had amplitube as well. amplitube 3 and 4, it doesnt matter, and it happend with the same version of plugins. But as i said, if you wait (go for a coffe, or so, with no hurry, like alf and hour or more) it will open (it was normal that you force quit, cause it seems to be a crush).

Working in another studio i was having pro tools crushes all the time diferent problem but i dettected it was because amplitube.

i like it for some things, but i am going to avoid it as much as i can, or just use it and freeze it or comit it.

The point is that i remember in the past trying to open the session in a different computer, without the problem , Why?

I apologize in case of english mistakes (im from spain).