Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Why has this happened?

Yes, after more looking around, I found out you can buy them all. Why would you want to buy if you could have them for free with pro tools. Easy, dont include them with pro tools!

Ok, so to be fair I have a replacement for all of them
Smack! - Waves SSL Comp
TL Space Native - IR1 or M30
DINR - Z-Noise
Sound Replacer - Drumagog 5

I'm just now puzzled to why I had access to them all in the first place and why now they are unauthorized!! Weird occurances!

But yeah, any suggestions on some replacements or have I got some nailed on right there. I've got them all except drumagog!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:54 PM

If you have that much money to spend, why not just buy the Avid versions you like so well. Or do you have another source for them?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcot View Post
My knowledge is not wrong!
It is the Pro Tools 9 (not HD) but I had these plugs before I updated!!

I can assure you. I have had it more than 30 days so it is not a trial and I have used all the plugs before on many occasions! So why did I have them, and why don't I have them now?

I am authorized to use pro tools and there is no issue with that, just these 4 plugs?! Also, after a clean install.. If I shouldn't have had these plugins on my PT9 system, they shouldn't have installed themselves to the plugins folder!

Sorry to use a lot of ! but this is quite serious. This will be losing me money if I don't get it sorted out.. I am 17 and need this for my own living costs...
You're dead wrong. Smack, SoundReplacer, DNR, and TL Space are not, nor have they ever BEEN free with Pro Tools.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:10 PM

Exclamation Re: Why has this happened?

Haha... No all software and plugs are fully paid for don't worry! However, I was simply wondering why 4 plugins I originally owned and thought I paid for weren't working.. obviously it must have been a bug in my installation or a little trick Avid use to encourage a free trial period and sell the product.

Either way, I will stick with my waves and lets see how drumagog performs on its trial and I might make the next investment into the studio..
Old 03-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Haha... No all software and plugs are fully paid for don't worry! However, I was simply wondering why 4 plugins I originally owned and thought I paid for weren't working.. obviously it must have been a bug in my installation or a little trick Avid use to encourage a free trial period and sell the product.

Either way, I will stick with my waves and lets see how drumagog performs on its trial and I might make the next investment into the studio..
Obviously you never "owned" those 4 plugs, or you'd still have them.
Trust me, it wasn't a bug in your installation.
There's no "hey...here's 4 free plugs' bug.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Actually, if they are not on your ilok, there is no way to run them unless... So...?????

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
There's no "hey...here's 4 free plugs' bug.
You haven't heard of the uTorrent bug?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Hahahaha, yup that's the only way he got them "free" with PT9 because I bought it and didn't get ANY of those plugs. There were no trials either. Nice try bro
Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Z noise - 500 Dollars
IRL - 250
M30 - free
Waves SSL classics - 520

I find it hard to believe you spent over 1200 dollars on plug ins without hardly a fuss.

The only reason you don't have drumagog is because of the large sample libraries included with it that you would have to download. (i do believe they are quite large)

Just buy the plugs dude. It will make you want to learn them and use them more.

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 03-24-2011, 07:13 AM

So, back on December 7, 2010, you told us:

Quote:
I am wanting to find out the process to where PT finds the plugins on my system.
I have VSTs and RTAS all around my C drive and I'm wanting to know if it just looks for all my plugins automatically or if it actually has specific plugin paths where it looks for them..

If yes or no really, my problem is I am getting double plugins show up in my audio suite tab. I have double the number of plugins and it is really not organised.. How can I solve this?
This week:

Quote:
I bought Pro Tools 9 legally from a real shop! I'm not scum who steal things and ruin the industry as its one I hope to make a living off!

Anyway, the iLok is brand new (the one with the blue light strip)
I have got the latest drivers off their website and the only license on it is Pro Tools 9. I have never had any trial plugs installed on this iLok and I definately had them plugins on my system before I installed!
Where did you get all those VST and RTAS plug-ins? Just wondering.