Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 Crashes When Selecting Audio Interface

Also make sure you leave at least 1 processor core free for non-realtime plugin processing. Example: In your playback engine if you have 8 processor cores, set it at 7 or less. This sounds couter-intuitive, but it has fixed a lot of people's problems with plugins causing crashes along with getting them upgraded to a tested and working plugin version for Protools 9.x

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 01-12-2011, 01:52 AM

I don't think it's a "PLUG IN THANG" I just did everything suggested and when I opened an older session my Hybrid wasn't working. I checked the IO, aux buses and to see if my midi notes were muted... they weren't and I lost the bass line to the track I'm working on. So, I inserted another instrument channel, opened another Hybrid and copied the midi notes from the preceding one and it worked. I then had to copy the settings and hope to get the same sound. Also my Moogerfooger Analog Delay, Ring Modulator and Fairchild plugins are not recognized anymore. Am I missing an update for the latter plugins? does Avid even offer one?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black FU View Post
I don't think it's a "PLUG IN THANG" I just did everything suggested and when I opened an older session my Hybrid wasn't working. I checked the IO, aux buses and to see if my midi notes were muted... they weren't and I lost the bass line to the track I'm working on. So, I inserted another instrument channel, opened another Hybrid and copied the midi notes from the preceding one and it worked. I then had to copy the settings and hope to get the same sound. Also my Moogerfooger Analog Delay, Ring Modulator and Fairchild plugins are not recognized anymore. Am I missing an update for the latter plugins? does Avid even offer one?
Did you check the plug-in compatibility guide? Did you remove all plugs and tried to re-boot? Did you load a session with holding "Space" key so no plug-ins are loaded.

If it works with no plugs, add one plug at a time, re-boot and see if it works.

PT will give you grief if an outdated plug in in the system, even if you don't load that plug in a session.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
Did you check the plug-in compatibility guide? Did you remove all plugs and tried to re-boot? Did you load a session with holding "Space" key so no plug-ins are loaded.

If it works with no plugs, add one plug at a time, re-boot and see if it works.

PT will give you grief if an outdated plug in in the system, even if you don't load that plug in a session.

Park,

Thanks for your help in trouble shooting this.
Yes I've checked compatibility but haven't tried to hold the "Space" key. I don't think it has anything to with my my plugins my preferences keep changing from session to session, sometimes the plugins work, sometimes they don't. Today I used a template from an earlier session and the IO didn't work I got no sound at all, when I opened the original session the sound worked as normal. I reopened the clone session and again no sound, I checked the IO settings deleted all and imported the one I made for my set up and still no sound. I would like to send you the screen shots I have but I don't know how. I forgot to mention the pop I get when I change routing in the session.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 AM

Take a look here:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=356111

It is the Tech Support folder you can download.

Check this info about plugs:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=353941

Upgrade info:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=353265

General troubleshooting:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

Hope it helps.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 PM

Did you try this?

started about 3:00 into the video.