Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: NI Kompakt + PT RTAS = missing something?

thanks for that, looks like I have to reload anyway as now PT keeps crashing at the worst possible moments.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:50 AM

quick update, loaded the Platinum strings library today on the raptor drive, everything is working very well including DFD, I've obviously stuffed up something earlier with the gold library as the performance of the new library using DFD is very acceptable. It looks as though the DFD extensions are the same version as well as the player but one thing that I noticed was that during the gold install I was not prompted to install the RTAS engine whereas this time I was. Shall try push the envelope though ... but WOW what a difference.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:17 AM

I spoke too soon ......... *sigh*
Old 05-13-2005, 03:23 AM

although it looks like I am just randomly talking to myself, let it be known that I have reverted to 6.7 and experienced the same problem. The session included a reason 3.0 instance that when removed allowed me to use pro tools again, and the EWSO library is working as well again ... time to do some real trouble shooting to isolate the issue.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:20 AM

yeh, it does look like you're talking to yourself

Why not! I do all the time.

You can add me to the list of PTLE users who have issues with EWQL Gold. Same deal. Can't assign midi channels.

I use gold mainly on Cubase now for that reason (an others), but i will be emailing Rhyce @ SoundsonLine.

Glad to see this topic come up!
Old 05-13-2005, 05:59 AM

Hey Brad is that you?!?!?!

If so, good to see a fellow Melbournite on the DUC....

Did you ever get a reply from Mr EastWest? Its a bit disapointing they havent posted the fix for this (if indeed it does exist) on their web site, hmmm...sloppy

I have also emailed this guy, I await his reply
Old 05-15-2005, 05:17 AM

ok well, I'm back at 6.7 and have worked two days straight without any issues at all (apart from the known reason 3.0 bugs).

EWQLSO Platinum (F,C,S mics) are effective using the 1.29 DFD extension up to my RAM limit and tomorrow I am possibly upgrading to 4X1024 (4GB RAM). I'm considering the SCSI option for some of the sample set instead of my existing Raptor 74GB drive but I'd like to know if anyone could indicate whether this is a better option than spreading the load over three machines, i.e one faster drive on the host machine vs 2 additional machines using midi over LAN to trigger the additional sample sets (woodwinds, brass, percussion). I'm planning on using the echo MIA card in the other two PC's for D/A back to the 002.

Anyone had any success or failure with this?

cheers,
Pete
Old 05-15-2005, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Hey Brad is that you?!?!?!

If so, good to see a fellow Melbournite on the DUC....

Did you ever get a reply from Mr EastWest? Its a bit disapointing they havent posted the fix for this (if indeed it does exist) on their web site, hmmm...sloppy

Attention all viewers of this thread: If Gavin Chan response to your question... listen to him! Hes a damn fine producer and knows his PCs! I tell you the Truth!

Yes, Gav, it's me. Bring on the melbournites. The home of the 1956 olympics (!?!?)

I think i will post something for Doug Rogers @ soundsonline, but i know from other posts i've read their that he's well aware of the PT/Kompakt issue.

See you around Gav!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:41 AM

If any of you care to listen, here is an excerpt from a film score i programmed on Gold using ProTools Le.

In this case, i actually printed each instrument as i went along (once i was happy with the programming). I then mixed it all as audio, as opposed to those who like to tweak whilst still in midi land.

Click on Film Soundtrack 1

Film Soundtrack 1

Cheers
Old 05-16-2005, 02:13 AM

[quote Attention all viewers of this thread: If Gavin Chan response to your question... listen to him! Hes a damn fine producer and knows his PCs! I tell you the Truth!

Yes, Gav, it's me. Bring on the melbournites. The home of the 1956 olympics (!?!?)

I think i will post something for Doug Rogers @ soundsonline, but i know from other posts i've read their that he's well aware of the PT/Kompakt issue.

See you around Gav!

[/QUOTE]

Awwww Shucks, Don't make me blush dude!!!! I just enjoy what I do, (and the fact that I didn't have to do it on a $4000 MAC ), .... Ooops, my goodness.. Did I say that outloud?

We'll anywho, I got a fix from Rhys @ Eastwest, He emailed me a new replacement .dpm file, which is the actual RTAS Plugin file. AND....he told me to keep quiet about it... ?!?! I emailed him back asking why I shouldnt say anything, I got no reply. Oh well, I copied the file he sent me into the DAE\PLugins directory, fired it up and viola, all fixed. ROCK!

BTW evaclear, look foward to working with you soon mate.