Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM

Default 7.4 HD w/No Cost Pro Tools 8?

I just upgraded from a very stable 7.2 to 7.4 to solve an AAF import problem. When I purchased the upgrade I got an email from Avid saying I was eligible for a No Cost upgrade to ProTools 8.

Unfortunately there are no links in the email and only a confirmation number, registration code and serial number. No iLok update has appeared and of course there is no customer service without purchasing a package.

Anybody know what the deal is with this?

MacPro 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core "WoodCrest"
Mac OSX 10.5.8 / 4 Gig Ram
ProTools 8.0.4
Digidesign/Magma PE6NE-I upgraded 6 slot expansion chassis. (Host card in Slot 2 of MacPro)
HD3 Accel
BlackMagic Decklink Studio 2 (In Slot 3 of MacPro)

SurCode / Dolby Media Meter 2
Izotope RX2 Advanced / Sonic NoNoise
Waves Platinum 7.x / Serato PitchnTime
Melodyne Studio / Altiverb XL / Speakerphone
KOMPLETE 7
EQuality / Massey L2007
TC MasterX
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 PM

Default Re: 7.4 HD w/No Cost Pro Tools 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
I just upgraded from a very stable 7.2 to 7.4 to solve an AAF import problem. When I purchased the upgrade I got an email from Avid saying I was eligible for a No Cost upgrade to ProTools 8.

Unfortunately there are no links in the email and only a confirmation number, registration code and serial number. No iLok update has appeared and of course there is no customer service without purchasing a package.

Anybody know what the deal is with this?
the download is probably in your Avid account, or will be in a few hours

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Just happened across this in another unrelated thread:

Recent Purchases
  • If you've purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD system, or Pro Tools|HD hardware exchange, or "Pro Tools HD 7.4 with Free Upgrade to Pro Tools HD 8" software upgrade, from Digidesign or an authorized Digidesign dealer on or after October 3, 2008, you are eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 8.0 software.
  • Please make sure that you have registered your qualifying product to receive this special offer.
    • Your Pro Tools|HD core hardware system (HD 1, HD 2, HD 3) must be registered. If you are registering a new Pro Tools|HD hardware system, registration of the Ignition Pack 2 or HDpack Bundle software does not qualify for the free upgrade, you must register the actual Pro Tools|HD core system hardware.
    • Qualifying Pro Tools HD software upgrades are automatically registered when purchased on the DigiStore, or upon activation if the upgrade is purchased from an authorized Digidesign dealer.
    • Free "No Cost Updates" you may have already received do not qualify for an additional free upgrade to the next paid version (regardless of when you might have received the no cost update). Only the purchase of a new Pro Tools|HD core hardware system or purchased software upgrade would qualify as a recent purchase.
    • Registered owners that qualify should receive an email from Digidesign Customer Service with your Activation Code and details on how to activate and download your free upgrade. Except during peak periods (such as the when a new upgrade is first released), these emails normally go out within 24 hours of when you register your qualifying product.
Maybe you need to login to your Avid Account and use the registration code to register the upgrade. Then maybe the download will show up in your Avid Account like Benoni mentioned?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM

Thanks you two...took some digging, but finally found the upgrade authorization code. Appreciate the help.

MacPro 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core "WoodCrest"
Mac OSX 10.5.8 / 4 Gig Ram
ProTools 8.0.4
Digidesign/Magma PE6NE-I upgraded 6 slot expansion chassis. (Host card in Slot 2 of MacPro)
HD3 Accel
BlackMagic Decklink Studio 2 (In Slot 3 of MacPro)

SurCode / Dolby Media Meter 2
Izotope RX2 Advanced / Sonic NoNoise
Waves Platinum 7.x / Serato PitchnTime
Melodyne Studio / Altiverb XL / Speakerphone
KOMPLETE 7
EQuality / Massey L2007
TC MasterX
Old 07-13-2013, 03:28 PM

i have exactly same problem. how can solve this problem. i have confirmation e-mail.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 AM

Hi,

Im having the exact same problem, I have the email but it doesn't have an actual authorisation number to enter into the code redemption section. I have a registration confirmation number but that's not what required for the download.