Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM

Default All plugins missing in Pro Tools 10.3.3

I installed 10.3.3 on my new macbook pro running mountain lion 10.8.2 and pro tools is not recognizing any of the plugins that are installed in the folders in the Library. There are no audiosuite plugs or any rtas plugs available for insert.

I checked the Library/Application support/Digidesign/Plugins folder , and all of the .dpm plugins are sitting there and everything looks fine, PT just can't see them apparently. In the PT startup screen it does not load the plugs either.

I first tried deleting all the preferences and that did not work, so I then did a clean uninstall and reinstall. It didn't change anything. So now I am stuck. Am I missing something, does anyone have any suggestions? Thx
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM

Default Re: All plugins missing in Pro Tools 10.3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinawavak View Post
I installed 10.3.3 on my new macbook pro running mountain lion 10.8.2 and pro tools is not recognizing any of the plugins that are installed in the folders in the Library. There are no audiosuite plugs or any rtas plugs available for insert.

I checked the Library/Application support/Digidesign/Plugins folder , and all of the .dpm plugins are sitting there and everything looks fine, PT just can't see them apparently. In the PT startup screen it does not load the plugs either.

I first tried deleting all the preferences and that did not work, so I then did a clean uninstall and reinstall. It didn't change anything. So now I am stuck. Am I missing something, does anyone have any suggestions? Thx
Double check your not un checking the Avid Audio Instruments and Creative Collection when running the installer. Most of these plugs should be AAX now anyways. Which PT will load first. Even with no AAX however the RTAS plugs should load.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 PM

thx, but i am sure that it is not unchecked. Also, all the aax plugs are in the right spot : Library/Application support/Avid/Audio/Plugins , but none of them load or show up within PT either.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 PM

Have you tried repairing disk permissions?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 PM

Just tried that, but no luck, thx for suggestion
Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 Install - No Inserts

Hello all,

I've done several installs of Pro Tools 10 and have come across a problem on a system that I have not seen before, and have been unable to correct.

Pro Tools 10.3 install
Mac Pro, 2010 Lion

After I complete what appears to be a successful install, I open a session, and when I click to add an insert, there are no options where the plug-ins should be. It gives me the I/O option; however, where the plug-ins would be it's just double bars. Nothing shows under Audio Suite as well.

I've done several clean installs. Preference and database removal. Repaired permissions, among other things. All lead to failure.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thank you very much,

-Joshua
Old 05-13-2013, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 Install - No Inserts

That bc the display is hidden, click drop down in upper corner and select the inserts, hope this helps
Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 PM

I think he's saying there's no plugins listed rather than the inserts part of the mixer being hidden.

I had this happen once on an install, the plugin folders were there but for some reason PT just couldn't see them. Also did clean installs, prefs, PRAM ect. The machine seemed to have weird issues with folder permissions so decided it best to format the drive and install a fresh OS. Installed PT with no issues after that.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tams View Post
I think he's saying there's no plugins listed rather than the inserts part of the mixer being hidden.

I had this happen once on an install, the plugin folders were there but for some reason PT just couldn't see them. Also did clean installs, prefs, PRAM ect. The machine seemed to have weird issues with folder permissions so decided it best to format the drive and install a fresh OS. Installed PT with no issues after that.
Ohhh ouch. Atleast you figured it out
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 AM

Yes, the inserts are visible in the mixer window. The issues is that when I attempt to drop a plug-in, there are no plug-ins available. It shows "no insert", then double bars, then i/o.