Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Default wav file plays faster after exporting

I recorded a live session with an Octopre LE with my digi 002 rack. It was very rushed, and don't know what the clock settings were, only that I remembered to set it to optical before. I have the lightpipe. I can get the session to play back OK, even while it's bouncing, but after conversion, it plays back faster. I know it's a clock issue, I can run old sessions and they're fine. I tried running the session with and without the Octopre on and as the source clock, but no difference. When starting up with only the 002, it sets up the session at 48k rate. Then the play back is faster even before bounce. Any ideas? I'm supposed to get CDs out to people.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Default Re: wav file plays faster after exporting

You probably tracked in a 48k session while clocking to a 44.1k master. Make sure your clocking is disconnected or corrected, then try this:

Create a new session at 44.1KHz and use Import Session Data and select to bring in all the tracks from the weird session.

Under Audio Media Options, choose Copy From Source Media from the pull-down menu if it's not already selected.

Under Sample Rate Conversion Options, uncheck the box labelled Apply SRC and click the OK button on the import window.

Hopefully that works. If not, try doing the same thing but a 48k session instead, but I think the above is what you want.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 AM

Default Re: wav file plays faster after exporting

Thank you Slim! Makes sense, I'll try it and let you know...